Ice spear

Hello everyone,
This is the first post of mine in here in which I'd like to inquire more experienced players about my 1st character. I had wanted to play Lighting Strike Templar but I noticed that the build is ridiculously popular. I'm gonna play with a a bit more exotic build. Ice spear looks pretty nice; there are a lot of witches but haven't seen a templar using it yet. I'd like to enhance it with multiple projectiles (will I be able without spending any point to dexterity?) I haven't decided what ability will be the 2nd - Arctic Breath looks amazing but its damage does not seem to be impressive. Other possibilities are Frost Nova which is quite nice but later I'm gonna keep enemies on distance; maybe Cold Snap. I will try every possibility and decide later. Since I'm slothful and I wouldn't like to stay, press either RMB or LMB, move, repeat etc. maybe I should invest some points to get access to summons or improve totems?
I'd like to use staff instead of wand+shield. Casting spells through a stick looks pretty nice when wand and shield look worse. Especially when the character is left-handed :(. The cons of 2-handed weapons are known - lesser defence and less benefits from items. Is this worth?
The last problem I noticed is also compared with defence. Since Templar has great access to hp improvements should I invest in hp instead of energy shield? I think that the answer is yes but I'd like to know what do you think about it. I will need nice bunch of mana and regeneration becasue I'm gonna be a little support-oriented with auras.

Here's what I've created. I'd be grateful for advices.

Bumpin it.

Now I have changed the build.
Last edited by Calahir on May 5, 2013, 4:02:42 PM
Thanks for help/.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info