Elemental Cleave Templar Item Advice

Greetings. I would like advice for my Level 51 Templar. Specifically, what kind of items should I be aiming for and which should I look to replace as soon as possible. My armor rating is quite poor and I take damage from lesser mobs. My resists are 2/3 over the cap and the uncapped is around 73~.

Basically I'm looking for any suggestions for gear etc. as I prepare to do act 3 and progress into merciless.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbFE0VIBZvGYUaOB0UJKon7SpNLOkyiTbpPAU8LT8nRtdVxlb6V-JZ82aebqpyqXflerh7B3zZgziLjI9GkFWf36IAp4Ssqq6Ttz7AGsT2xq7PZdDQ3Q3hc-Nq52PsOO0g73zwH_JF-i760vzF_gr-vw==

My passives - Currently I'm working towards Iron Reflexes then I'm going to take some more Health/Elemental Damage nodes etc.

My current gear:

Any general advice for Elemental CLeave Templars would be welcome.
For weapons, look for tri-ele dmg and increased attack speed.
For armor, look for life, resists (chaos), increased armor (percent and normal).
For rings, look for life, elemental dmg, elemental dmg percent, resists, plus to stats.
For amulet, look for onyx amulet with life, resists, and elemental dmg.
For boots, look for life, resists, movement speed, increased armor.
For belt, look for elemental dmg %, life, and resists.
For gloves, look for life, elemental dmg added, and resists (maybe increased attack speed).
I would also recommend getting at least one quicksilver flask.

For all of the above items, try to get linked versions, obviously. Your chest will be most important thing to be linked, then your boots, helm, and gloves for running auras with reduced mana or blood magic gems.

Your resists may be over cap now, but once you hit merciless they probably won't be. I would also replace concentrated effect with life leech or life on hit. Concentrated effect is good for 5th link though.

Hope this helps. If you need anymore advice, I recommend http://www.exilepro.com/builds/templar/517-templar-elemental-cleave-dual-wield-offensive-tank/items
"
Jillian wrote:

Is this worth rerolling with a divine orb or should I just look for a new/higher level chest piece?

Also I'm using Concentrated Effect because I don't feel like I need the Life Leech at the moment - I'll probably switch it in Merciless.

Edit: Also I can currently run all my auras with Reduced Mana by playing gem tetris. I can run 2 damage auras and purity at once and still cleave constantly with mana leech.
Last edited by Jillian on May 3, 2013, 12:26:18 PM
Hey, if you need some new weapons, I have a couple of weapons if you want them. Free, of course.

IGN is MarilynMonroe_ Just throw me a party/trade invite if you see me online (I'll probably be afk, so you may have to wait a little bit).
You can also have any of these weapons for free if you want

Mephixara // Lvl 91 Phys Tornado Ranger
Tynux // Lvl 86 DW Ground Slam Marauder
Ripheuxa // Lvl 90 KB Wander

Guys he's in hardcore...

Try for faster weapons and elemental damage on equip.
Also high leveled wrath and anger provide great dps so don't bother too much
right now.
To crit or not to crit ?
"
Jillian wrote:
"
Jillian wrote:

Is this worth rerolling with a divine orb or should I just look for a new/higher level chest piece?

Do not use high level currency on low level items, ever. A divine could buy you a much better chest.

Anyway as others have said, faster weapons should be a priority, to maximize the damage you're getting from auras and other +x-y elemental damage sources. Past that, more life is always a high priority in HC.
Last edited by magicrectangle on May 3, 2013, 8:04:11 PM
Thanks for the weapon offers but I am in Hardcore. I think I'll do as suggested and not use currency on gear yet. I'll focus on trading and drops thanks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info