/popcorn - the daily deals and microtransaction thread

"
Dreggon wrote:
Extra Character Slot 33% off - 20 points.

I can say that 74 is not enough.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
Dreggon wrote:

Some idiot had screwed up the Sales % column formatting, I fixed it. Also noticed that this sale is not as good as the last time on November 2, 2013 that character slots were on sale.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

Some idiot had screwed up the Sales % column formatting, I fixed it. Also noticed that this sale is not as good as the last time on November 2, 2013 that character slots were on sale.

You sure about that? I've kept a keen eye on char slots and the lowest I've seen character slots is 20 points.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Yay! GGG finally put Character Slots on sale again!

Yeah, they did offer Character Slots at 50% off in Nov/Dec last year. They haven't run really deep discounts in quite a while, so I suspect those kinds of sales will be reserved for 'special' occasions.

Nevertheless, I picked up a bunch today because I was getting tired of deleting/recycling the few slots I kept open for races...
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
"
Chameleon wrote:
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Dreggon wrote:

You sure about that? I've kept a keen eye on char slots and the lowest I've seen character slots is 20 points.

I wouldn't have commented at all if the spreadsheet was normal. The entry for todays daily deal had gibberish in it too so some one was screwing around with it. Since I always keep many days of backup copies it wasn't too hard to fix (just annoying).

According to the last character slot daily deal it shows it was on sale for 15 points off or 50% off. Just double checked and on your own post for 11-2-2013, page 50, you commented that it was an additional 5 points off the normal 10 points off sale. Maybe GGG goofed and accidentally set the price lower than planned. Same way GGG goofed last Sunday and didn't update the daily deal info when you start PoE and was showing Saturday's daily deal on Sunday even though the website was ok.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on May 30, 2014, 1:37:35 PM
Premium Stash Tab Bundle 17% off - 165 points.

I feel like tab bundle sales should be for special occasions instead of being reliably periodic.
IRON MAN
"
Arrowneous wrote:

According to the last character slot daily deal it shows it was on sale for 15 points off or 50% off. Just double checked and on your own post for 11-2-2013, page 50, you commented that it was an additional 5 points off the normal 10 points off sale. Maybe GGG goofed and accidentally set the price lower than planned. Same way GGG goofed last Sunday and didn't update the daily deal info when you start PoE and was showing Saturday's daily deal on Sunday even though the website was ok.

Hehe I do remember that now. Should have got more then...
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
"
Dreggon wrote:
Premium Stash Tab Bundle 17% off - 165 points.

I feel like tab bundle sales should be for special occasions instead of being reliably periodic.

In not sure if I'd agree with that, I mean I can see where you're coming from as in its probably the most enabling of any of the microtransaction, almost to the point of a necessity for playing with any number of multiple characters, and thus the most desirable, but I think GGG is trying to appeal more to newer players so they could do more with more space, so instead of making a few more bucks they could make a few more frequent players.
Fire Ferrets
Stash Tab Bundle 26% off - 110 points.
IRON MAN
Orange Portal effect 33% off - 50 points.
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info