Lightning Strike 1h/Shield HELP

Hey all, I'm level 59 in A2 merciless.. not having horrible problems but I definitely have low dps and my survivability is abysmal, mostly due to my crappy gear I think. Anyways, I can't decide between going for a 2hand EB build w/ double curses and tons of auras OR sticking with my current path of 1h/shield. Here's my current tree, a planned tree if I was to switch to 2h, and my gear. pleaes give me some advice I feel like this char is on the edge of getting shelved due to boredom with the kill speed.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAP0CcQSzBVsMfQ9UEH8UTRSwFm8XUBkuGYUaOB0UJKon7TJ-Mok26TlSOjA64TwtRHJG10wtTdhObVBQVElVxlfiWAdYY1nzXz9fqmaeZ71s9m6qcqlz4Xflerh82YFvgh6C5ITEiPGKdIuMjHaMz49GkBGQVZuhnjyiAKZXpwinhKlorJisqq6Ttz64k7ndvDe-vMAaxPbGnsauxtjPZdDQ1I_a3dsL4XPjaudS52PsOO0g7m_vDvAf8i_yRfPd9kj3iPfX-tL-Cg==

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAnEEswVbDH0QfxRNGS4aMho4HRQjTSftMok26TwtPQ9ANkRyRtdPfVBQUWBUSVXGV-JYY1nzXz9mnme9bPZyqXflerh82X31gFaExIuMjM-PRpBVm6GiAKcIp4SplayqrpO0-bc-uJO53cAaxBXE9saexq7G2M9l0NDUj9rd4XPjaudS7DjtIO5v7w7wH_Iv9kj60g==

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to look and offer help, it is greatly appreciated.
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBxthYY1BQjM_2SF8_VEnnUu8Oud3yL9SPGS4n7fPdrKpyqXzZWfPAGpBVp4QaOOw4V-IyiXflBLMUTfAfAnGiAGae-tI26eNqHRSPRtDQz2VVxpuhZ73ub8T2PC3Grrc-eriuk7XyqW54DVivNug6UoZgVgRhUp_LYIgote9OMglAoAUtYEt673TtIWB08Z65GNtDnA6tKaVN46xZ_o_-CvJF52OmVzrhiPE=

I started as a Marauder and I´ve got pretty much all the hp around Marauder and Templar, and I am working towards Iron Reflexes and the hp nodes around it. I got Iron Grip as well, it increases your DPS but you don't see it in your tooltip. In your build I see you got Inner Force, but imo I think that´s only important when you are going to do maps.
I am currently level 60 and I´ve got no problems doing Merciless.

Pretty much got this 4L LS, I run Determination and Vitality off my mana and Hatred + Wrath of my life. I got around 4k hp at the moment. As for curses I use conductivity and shit dies so fast. Sometimes I use projectile weakness for the piercing effect. I don't use LMP because it has an LMP built in anyways, I don't see its efficiency. I have around 900 DPS with LS, it isn't much but combined with curses it's fine. I got capped resistances except for chaos, and I'm waiting for a good 5L 2h Mace or Axe. I've got a 1h+shield atm, but I think the 2h will increase DPS by alot.

My weapon and shield, haven't replaced them in a long time, but they'll do.
This build isn't exactly a glass cannonbuild unless you can get some really incredible items.
Any more opinions, basically I'm trying to get a feel for how much 'more' damage 2hand build does when equipped with low to average gear than the 1hand build with the same gear.
"
mda232 wrote:
Any more opinions, basically I'm trying to get a feel for how much 'more' damage 2hand build does when equipped with low to average gear than the 1hand build with the same gear.

Stop reading LS guides here in the templar section for starters. No matter if you go 1h or 2h the standard resolute technique build here with every life node in the tree will be extremely lackluster and bore you to death before you have even completed your first 66 map. If you want to have fun with LS you pretty much have start by accepting that it won't get cheap. After that you grab EB and all three offensive auras (anger, wrath and hatred) and then you replace that mace with a nice 7+% base crit dagger and chase around the skill tree for every crit chance/damage node you can find. Then you can start to have fun :)
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Last edited by AlmightyPatman on Apr 29, 2013, 9:27:25 AM
I do 1339.2 unbuffed dps with this axe at lvl 45.

Currently act 3 cruel and docks aren't too hard. Shock stack is crucial
if i drop resolute technique, is it worth it then to go 2hand and drop the shield skills also?
I am a level 77 Duelist also doing 1H/Shield LS, my dps is fine and perhaps my gear might help you show what kind of stats you can get.

"
sherkhan wrote:
Swap LMP out for Multistrike

Get a faster weapon (>1.75) with high pure phys dmg (>130)

A high base attack speed on a weapon doesn't mean more dps as all weapons within a certain weapon type is balanced to have similar dps (for same tier). IAS modifier on the weapon obviously scales insanely well (same as native crit chance) but it doesn't matter if it's a 1.1 or a 1.5 APS base.

Unless you have a lot a flat dmg sources of course.
"
mda232 wrote:
if i drop resolute technique, is it worth it then to go 2hand and drop the shield skills also?

I'd say that if you drop resolute technique you want to go 1h as that's where you find the highest native crit chances (dagger ftw). The difference between for example 5% base crit and 8% base crit is something like 30-40% extra dps for me given the same base dmg of the weapon.
okay guys, my main problem is that im pretty bored with this game overall because I think i've been too conservative with my chars (all of em have RT). if anyone can give some build suggestions to put a little bit more offense to my build after taking out RT I'd appreciate it, I greatly appreciate the gear suggestion and I've been looking for a multistrike, haven't been able to find one for a decent price.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info