Looking for help/advice with FP Templar

This is my first character in this game, so I am (obviously) pretty new. Please forgive my noobness. I am currently trying to work my way through A3 Merc. Most of my gear, with the exception of the wand and shield, is self-found or crafted. It obviously isn't anything spectacular. Currently, I am in need of more chaos resists I think. For the most part, chaos dmg is what is hurting me the most.

As a noob, I am having a hard time figuring out what to look for in items and the value of items themselves. Because of the nature of trading in this game, there is no reference for me to look at and figure out what is fair to pay for items I need. Also, people have a tendency to not price their own items, but merely ask for offers.

If anyone has any advice, or cares to help me learn about these things, I would really appreciate it.

Current Gear:

Spoiler

Current Build

IGN: Daathfeuer
Last edited by braelyn on Apr 26, 2013, 10:39:49 PM
Health is too low and pick up the Chaos resist node on the right. Add Life Leech to FP.
"
Without_Pause wrote:
Health is too low and pick up the Chaos resist node on the right. Add Life Leech to FP.

How much HP should I reasonably aim for?
I aim for 150% as a starting point but please note I haven't gotten a character as high as you. I just look at other builds from guides to get a rough idea of what to aim for. I know Kripp's HC Templar had roughly 180% but that's a HC build so I'm willing to go lower for something in SC. I think you are close based on the health nodes you are around. I would argue you wasted points going so far right and could have gotten good value working in the early part of the Witch tree but that would require a lot of reworking which I prefer not to do.

I use this to calculate numbers for builds: http://poe.sitedyno.com/
"
Without_Pause wrote:
I aim for 150% as a starting point but please note I haven't gotten a character as high as you. I just look at other builds from guides to get a rough idea of what to aim for. I know Kripp's HC Templar had roughly 180% but that's a HC build so I'm willing to go lower for something in SC. I think you are close based on the health nodes you are around. I would argue you wasted points going so far right and could have gotten good value working in the early part of the Witch tree but that would require a lot of reworking which I prefer not to do.

I use this to calculate numbers for builds: http://poe.sitedyno.com/

Thank you for the help. :) I originally went over to the top right to get EB, but I couldn't support the loss of ES defensive-wise. Now I just need to figure out how to go about upgrading my gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info