RF/PA Freezing Pulse Templar Final Thoughts. (quitting sharing my knowledge)

This is not a build thread. I will post my build but this isnt a guide by any means. It is merely a collections of thoughts and ideas i have come up with while playing freezing pulse RF/PA Templar. I dont know if people use my ideas already but since Im quitting i will post them. This will be a bit scattered but bear with me.

RF/PA Freeze pulse is absurdly over powered. In my opinions its the strongest build in the game nothing comes remotely close. I 1-2 shot bosses in 72+ maps, have rediculous utility and bring amazing benefits to a group. its super strong and does fucktonkulous damage.

Here is a crappy video that i made clearing a 72 indoor map.
http://youtu.be/bohYa0Jxz8o

Power Charges + Ice Spear + Elemental proliferation
-----------------

In my opinion this is an incredibly strong combination. In any freezing pulse gear critical strike chance is a stat that is stacked for optimum dps. Thus Ice Spear at long range has a very very very high chance to crit. Using RF/PA damage comes naturally with all your spell damage buffs so a single unlinked ice spear can do massive damage if it crits. Combine this with elemental proliferation, one ice spear freezes an entire screen for 2-5 seconds. this is very powerful defensive ability when clearing mobs. It also serves as a great offensive ability when combined with Power charges on Crit, One ice spear is almost a guarenteed Power Charge assuming you have a 20% gem. Having +200-250% increased critical strike chance with any spell makes a noticable difference in kill speed.

tl;dr: This combination with RF/PA will constintaly freeze a whole screen and keep 3-5 power charges on you to boot.

Blood Rage
-------------------

If your not using this your stupid, simple. Free fucking frenzy charges.

Enduring Cry and molten shell+conc effect
----------------------------

I played alot in parties, I was the tankiest of all. Enduring cry was an excellent way to save my team mates And give an extra damage mitigation. And with the combination of Molten Shell instantly killing anything it touches, worked great to get mobs on me and kill everything outside of the area of my freeze pulse.

-but obviously there are times where doing this is fucking suicide-

Shock Stack Sucks
------------------------------

This only applies to this build. Mainly because shock stacks are a waste of dps. if your playing in a group some one will be shock stacking there is no point in you stacking shock stacks. If your playing solo bosses can die in 1-2 hits anyway who the fuck cares. Added Chaos damage >>>>>>>>>>>>> Added lightning damage in dps by loads. Keep in mind this only applies to low life rf/pa freezing pulse builds. assuming you can get decent dps. i was running 8-11k tool tip gmp. (dps varies by how many charges i have)

With effective use of frenzy charges + Haste aura, Faster Casting loses its effectiveness
---------------------------------
When it comes to high-end damage scaling Increased Crit multiplier is way better than faster casting. Granted if your soloing, Faster casting is better because you one shot people with crits anyway so +critdamage doesnt matter. But in Group play where fights tend to be longer, its better to make the swap to crit damage, the damage scaling is much better.

Anyway these are my final thoughts as im selling all my RF/PA Freeze Pulse gear feel free to ask me questions and what not. Flame me, praise me, ignore me idc just wanted to post what i know on the forums so some schmuck can land on it,

IGN: Crotchless
Last edited by rsantama on Apr 26, 2013, 7:02:32 PM
Excellent, thanks for sharing this.

Petrov,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info