2h mace fire auras arctic armour

Hi,

The idea is to make an 2h infernal blow + melee splash templar with eldritch battery and inner force for auras and additional defence of arctic armour (hoping for permanent), molten shell and endurance charges. Warlords mark or flammability for auras and flame/incenerate totem

Already got some gear that might be of use:
Spoiler

Core (70 points) build

Maxed (120 points) build

It's going to be a soft-core char. It should do a good job with masses of small dudes but big-hitters might be a problem.

Anybody have experience with something similar? :)

EDIT:

an option would be to go 2h mace with infernal blow and swap it for glacial hammer + shield when attacking a bos or rare and invest heavily into maces rather than pure fire.
IGN: AlCohonez, GhengizCohen
Last edited by piotras on Apr 26, 2013, 8:00:54 AM
Hi.

Talking about the 120 points build:

+% increased fire/elemental damage is useless, I would suggest you to go for other talents such as: Reduced Mana reservetion, Unwavering stance or Golem's Blood (since you are a life lecch based character).

Best Regards

Simon
Last edited by piotras on Apr 26, 2013, 12:04:37 PM
Way too much health and no Iron Reflex , Leather and Steel which can come really handy in most situations.

Best regards
Simon
I'm running a similar character and I started with a basic skeleton that looks a lot like your latest 120 build. The link for the 87 point version doesn't work, but I'm guessing you had the skeleton layed out at least.

The big differences are that I take the reduced critical damage taken nodes instead of the increased flask effect. Flasks are easy to improve, but being able to take 30% less critical damage? That's free life! And the biggest threats you'll face are bosses and heavy hitters that crit.

I also took the 16 and 8 pt chaos resistance nodes after nearly getting slaughtered in the a3 sewers. It was a cake walk until a room of chaos spitters and I was running away screaming like a little girl. Good gear can mitigate this but I haven't had any luck with that yet.

My 107 point build looks like this:

At level 55 my passive tree looks like this:

Here's the gear I have right now:
Spoiler

Most of my gear needs to be upgraded, but I still managed to clear the lower submerged passage at level 54. I use discipline, clarity, determination, purity and anger auras most of the time while still having enough mana to sprint across the screen with artic armor on.

It's a lot of fun to play, and I can completely ignore monsters like voidbearers and fire snakes thanks to the artic armor. Eventually I plan to try out blood rage + flicker strike, which should be interesting. For now it's mainly ground slam and glacial hammer with multi strike. Lightning warp is mainly a utility skill for getting across chasms or moving without triggering artic armors' movement drain.

The circlet is just for leveling, as I found it a day ago and trying it out as I farm ledge for better gear.
Thanks for the interesting responses, made me think. After some consideration I will be going for something similar (85 point build). Not sure if I will stick to fire (although Infernal blow + melee splash is fun and complements glacial hammer + multistrike quite well). I think it will be that sort of build which takes off by the end game. I like this variant because it allows me to run blood magic for a while during the early 'transition levels' before I get my hands on Eldritch battery. IR would come as the last big keystone as my mana pool grows and mobs in maps get ridiculously tough.

I was considering taking the body and soul because it affects ES which turns into mana thanks to eldritch battery, but having mana % is actually better because it affects both mana and the ES boost so I venture into the duelist start point for more mana and mana regen (rather than the one you can get in the templar area) and attack speed (and DPS indirectly, especially with elemental auras). To get there I need to go through an armour cluster which is ok, plus another reduced mana reservation cluster which will make a big difference on my mana pool. Later on I could take the advised leather and steel, although that would be on a quite high level. Hopefully I can make up for it with endurance charges and some +movement boots.

But the general idea is to go blood magic first, stack up HP / regen and unwevering stance for a solid melee fighter. Then build up points for inner force and eldritch batter, at that point recycle the blood magic to get reduced mana and invest in mana % and regen. End game would be to slowly build up elemental damage increases (to milk auras) and more hp/armour/IR for end game survivability.
Last edited by piotras on Apr 29, 2013, 1:09:00 PM
So I've started this char, I'm just level 39 now and it goes well with ground slam + multi strike and heavy strike for single target (currently at a transition stage of hp regen / blood magic melee smasher before I start investing in eldritch battery/inner focus)

I was wondering about my future mana pool etc. In late game I was hoping to stick with 2-handed weapons (just for fun), preferably a mace or axe, but since I'm planning to use a lot of auras, have elemental bonuses within reach (templar area) and my mana regen will probably be quite low due to arctic armour which taken together just begs for going into lvl1 fast attack elemental cleave...

Not really big fan of the elemental cleave (although I do admit it's powerful) but do you guys think that going in with a 2-hander with mean physical damage would make up for the slower attacks and less efficient use of the elemental damage auras? It's always good to do mixed damage in case you encounter resistant or reflect mobs... but I'm not sure if it will work in practice due to mana, dps or turns out to be too inefficient use of auras?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info