EB Multi Lightning Strike Templar [updated 4/25]

The Build

The Auras
Spoiler

I believe my calculations are sound and correctly represent the mechanics, however, I may be mistaken. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

(Assuming lvl 15 gems---req lvl 56)

Clarity : 60-440 (340)
Determination :40%
Wrath : 50-164 (134)
Anger : 50-164 (134)
Hatred : 30%
Discipline : 110-215 (190)
Vitality : 40%

Anger will be cast at full cost in order to maximize gem placement.

Total Flat: 664 + 134
Reduced Mana (76%): 504.64 + 134 = 638.64
RM Reserve Nodes: 574.776 = 575 (assuming it rounds up)

Total % : 110%
RM : 83.6%
RM Reserve Nodes: 75.24% = 76% (assuming it rounds up)

M = 575 + .76M ---> .24M = 575 ---> M = Mana required to run all auras = 2395.8333 = 2396

Build Summary (Exilepro.com)

Skill Gems
Spoiler

Auras:
(boots) Reduced Mana + Determination + Hatred + Vitality
(helm) Discipline + Wrath + Anger + Clarity

Utility:
(gloves) Leap Slam + Proj Weakness + Enduring Cry + Molten Shell

Single Target:
(weapon) Glacial Hammer + Faster Attacks + Wep Ele + Life Leech + Melee Phys/Multistrike + Added Fire/Multistrike

AoE:
(chest) LS + LMP + Weapon Ele + LGoH/LL + Multistrike + Mana Leech/Faster Attacks

Gems List
Spoiler

Reduced Mana
Purity (Can replace another 40% aura if required)
Determination
Hatred
Vitality
Discipline
Wrath
Anger
Clarity
Leap Slam
Projectile Weakness
Enduring Cry
Molten Shell
Mana Leech
Lesser Multiple Projectiles
Faster Attakcs x 2
Weapon Elemental Damage x 2
Multistrike (For Lightning Strike)
Multistrike/Melee Physical Damage/Added Fire Damage (For Glacial Hammer)
Life Leech
Life Leech/Life Gain on Hit
Lightning Strike
Glacial Hammer

=========================================================================

Update 1:
-Currently level 57 and just entered Act 2 Merc
-With LS + MS + LL + WED + LMP, my toolbar DPS reads 1144 unbuffed, and 1914 aura-buffed
-I decided to use Glacial Hammer as my single target. It is 4-linked with FA + WED + Added Fire, for a total of 1746.2 dmg unbuffed, and 2613 aura-buffed
-My current skill tree:

-Current auras: Clarity, Wrath, Anger, Hatred, Determination, and Discipline
-I run Clarity on HP using The Covenant unique robe
-271 mana usable after all auras cast, with a regen of 67.3 (more than enough to no use mana pots)
-My next points will take me to the 4 health nodes under EB
-My gear:
Spoiler

-I want more life on my gear (1905hp), and more resistances (64,75,75, -60)
Last edited by ndcheezit on May 2, 2013, 1:27:12 AM
Uh... no catalyse in the build?

Here is a more reasonable 2h lightning strike build with EB. Also double curse, since you pass right by it on the way to EB anyway.

Depending on gear you might need to grab a little extra dex, but there's some easily accessed nodes if needed.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 25, 2013, 9:18:49 PM
"
Uh... no catalyse in the build?

Here is a more reasonable 2h lightning strike build with EB. Also double curse, since you pass right by it on the way to EB anyway.

Depending on gear you might need to grab a little extra dex, but there's some easily accessed nodes if needed.

Hmm, I thought that "Increased Ele Dmg with Weps" only applied to weapon mods, but it looks like I was mistaken. I shall add that in posthaste.

I ended up going with eb because I wanted to run 6+ auras.
Last edited by ndcheezit on Apr 25, 2013, 9:20:12 PM
This is a pretty inefficient build honestly. Low life, and you waste a lot of points getting things you don't really need. You don't get Resolute Technique, but then also don't get any crit.

Here is the build I'm using, currently lvl 80:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GFE2iAPAfBLMCcTKJd-VX4uw4KU-Cmxo4p4SQVeQiGmwZhSSqNunjap2upwi4kwx9EH_Gno9G0NDPZVXGm6FnvYFJsjhmT4Ie2wvubxZvwfPxdqKjf8Z-WSep2t0RllptJDynXElRnaP8qw5I44Tw2Uk7cn7AUXDVcFLz6l3yfjOkkROejDZVSyaVgW-ePE3YjHbAGhb5iDidihzc45_UGbyfTC0XUAD9FLA6MKyY99dte7VIFr-H22HitQRbWZ-0WK6IaxnXqWgYXQ==
Last edited by Tyronis3 on May 2, 2013, 9:31:52 AM
"
Tyronis3 wrote:
This is a pretty inefficient build honestly. Low life, and you waste a lot of points getting things you don't really need. You don't get Resolute Technique, but then also don't get any crit.

Here is the build I'm using, currently lvl 80:
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABVuLjOFz7SBG113GFE2iAPAfBLMCcTKJd-VX4uw4KU-Cmxo4p4SQVeQiGmwZhSSqNunjap2upwi4kwx9EH_Gno9G0NDPZVXGm6FnvYFJsjhmT4Ie2wvubxZvwfPxdqKjf8Z-WSep2t0RllptJDynXElRnaP8qw5I44Tw2Uk7cn7AUXDVcFLz6l3yfjOkkROejDZVSyaVgW-ePE3YjHbAGhb5iDidihzc45_UGbyfTC0XUAD9FLA6MKyY99dte7VIFr-H22HitQRbWZ-0WK6IaxnXqWgYXQ==

I'll probably end up grabbing RT eventually, for now however, I enjoy the occasional crit.

You call my build "low life"... my build has 210% increased life, while yours has 242%, not really too much of a difference.

And as far as my build being inefficient, I respectfully disagree. My goal with this build is to have lots of life, damage, and mana, which I believe I've accomplished. Of course as I level, I may find certain nodes to no longer be needed, thus far, however, I have found myself doing extraordinarily well.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info