Question about character costumization.

Well i watched some gemaplays and checked the info on page and i would to ask what character costumization there will be?

Atm this seems similar to D2 where u get already created character with background history and also classes that looks are playable only with male/famale character (like Witch).

Trustly said im not happy about that, cause i like to RPG, also like to play casters (Witch), but i can't act like a girl. Firstible cause i can't and secondly cause i don't want to.

Well i know that there will be 3 more characters, but i really want to have option to play all 6 characters as a male.

Costumization is extremly important in MMORPG, hope that devs will work hard on this aspect of the game.

"
Yanglegend wrote:
Well i watched some gemaplays and checked the info on page and i would to ask what character costumization there will be?

The devs haven't gone into much detail, but they have mentioned passive abilities for the player to choose from for each class. How customizable that will be is anyone's guess at this point. And I'm sure there will be many, many ways to combine active and support skills for a custom feel.

"
Yanglegend wrote:
Trustly said im not happy about that, cause i like to RPG, also like to play casters (Witch), but i can't act like a girl. Firstible cause i can't and secondly cause i don't want to.

Well that's just not true cause you bitch just like my gf... kidding!

But while I understand your complaint, I just want to point out that male/female is purely aesthetic with the rest left up to the player's imagination. I don't know how long it would take devs to create 6 more skins for the sake of gender equality, but I'd personally rather play the game sooner than later.

Edit: stoopid quotes
You can be a male caster in PoE. Class differences are limited with passive abilities. Customization comes from items and skill items.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
If you like to role-play, maybe you should learn how to role-play another sex? That is the point of role-playing, to be someone other than yourself.

While this is called an rpg, it is only in the sense that you level up and get loot. You don't necessarily act out as if you were the character. If that were the case then we'd really just have a bunch of clones of 6 types of people running around the game.

Also, this is not an mmorpg...which has been stated so many times if you'd look at other similar topics.

If you want to pretend to be someone else, maybe they will create a League for "true" role-playing...otherwise, you may have to find another game if that is a sticking point for you.
While at launch they might have only the Witch as a pure int character they said they want to support the game for 10 years, so I think you might see a male int character eventually.

Also, the int/dex and int/str hybrids haven't been announced, they might be male and awesome casters :)

If I were GGG I would get in some character skins in the item shop too (male Witch etc), seems like the kind of microtransitions that would sell well :P
I would be interested in hearing about other customisation options as well. Right now, it seems like it will be similar to Diablo where you pick a character and that's what you'll look like.

While this is not an MMORPG, there are many other games that offer cosmetic customisation. While there seems to be a lot of customisation available for skills, I would like to see this extended to appearance as well. Alternately, they might have something available in micro transactions, such as cosmetic changes to your character (like a Witch with blonde hair) or different skin colours.

Just some thoughts :]
There is no strange thing.
Geez, you'd turn PoE into one of these:

http://www.rainbowdressup.com/category-makeup.php
"I am The Banisher, the ill will that snuffs the final candle." - Seal of Doom (MTG)
---
visual customization will probably be cashshop . they have already mentioned the possiblity of alternate viewable spell effects as cs : eg fireballs looking like skulls,etc . it stands to reason that things like hair styles , visual display outfits , and possibly costumes will be in cash shop .

will some of the stuff be available ingame through quests or trades ? unsure .

as for character growth customization there is passive tree system , skill gems , skill support/altering gems , gear collection , and items that alter/enhance the gear itself .
game will probably have gear-sets .
Tormenta I F**kin love Rainbow Dress-up.SO SHUT THE F**K UP!
Cheaper than free... Speedtree
WTF. LADY GAGA DRESS ON MY CHARACTER I WANTZ IT.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info