Blood Magic / Glacial Hammer + Melee splash build

BEFORE ANYONE TRIES THIS BUILD, KNOW THAT GLACIAL HAMMER AND MELEE SPLASH CAUSES DESYNC WHEN HITTING MORE THAN 3 OR 4 ENEMIES

I'm currently working towards this build, and I have a couple of questions;

1. Should I drop Blood Magic and just use the gem so I can run more auras? Determination/Haste/Anger/Wrath/Grace would be what I'd use. Anger/Wrath/Grace is what I'd be using w/o the gem.

2. If my DPS is lackluster(I'm assuming it will be), do you guys think the Icetomb unique chest would be nice to use? It would be just to keep enemies permanently chilled to reduce damage taken, but it doesn't have any HP, so that's kinda meh.

3. Is it possible to get physical pre/suffixes on elemental maces? Every one I see or find has no physical benefits.

4. What gems do you guys think I should use with Glacial Hammer? For a 4L, I'm thinking Glacial hammer + Melee splash + Melee physical damage + Life leech or LoH. 5L, I think I'd add elemental proliferation or faster attacks. Don't what I'd do with a 6L, so I'll leave that out.

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Forgot to mention Cold to Fire could be a possible gem to use, but not sure how effective that would be over other gems. The ice damage from GH is already reduced, so 40% of that 50% seems like it wouldn't be worth it, but CtF has no mana multiplier so I wouldn't really be losing anything. It just seems that there are better gem options.
Last edited by Understray on Apr 26, 2013, 12:58:44 PM
1. The build would work with or without BM I'd personally prefer to run it without since auras are just great.

2. Not really the best item to pick up for this kind of build you may try it out since Icetomb isn't quite hard to affort but I really think you would be better off without it.

3. You should take a look at this:

4. I have no experience with GH builds so I'm not quite an expert here but melee splash makes elemental profileration pointless and you are definitely better off with Life leech than LoH.
Cold to fire would jkust reduce the time mobs get frozen diminising the best utility you've got with this build.
Jesus christ, I'm lv27 and I'm about to dump this character. I don't know if it's just because of melee splash, but desync is fucking terrible today. I miss like 70% of the time, so I'm probably gonna dump those 2 accuracy nodes and 1 endurance charge to get Resolute Technique.

Also, does anyone know if Increased Area of Effect affects Melee Splash? The splash range is pretty underwhelming.
Last edited by Understray on Apr 25, 2013, 4:54:00 PM
"
Understray wrote:
Jesus christ, I'm lv27 and I'm about to dump this character. I don't know if it's just because of melee splash, but desync is fucking terrible today. I miss like 70% of the time, so I'm probably gonna dump those 2 accuracy nodes and 1 endurance charge to get Resolute Technique.

Also, does anyone know if Increased Area of Effect affects Melee Splash? The splash range is pretty underwhelming.

Yes, Inc AoE does affect melee splash range.
Just switched to Resolute Technique at lv30, so I'm not missing anymore, desync is still a huge issue, though. If I fuck up a little, it'll be the death of me, since my gear is pretty shit right now.

Changed the build to have Resolute Technique and 20 more DEX to make up for lost DEX with the accuracy nodes.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAhMREckA2I020-fAfBLMUTaIAAnGBb548TdiMdny7JIs9D8T2J-0ZLtSPud3vDvIv2WFXDdIhns2nMPe-FCBQRxRxDjw6Ut-_D8ymZMmYhmBWBGFSYIgote9OMglAoAUtYEt673TtxBU62Ow4KU_kIrUEXcZG1xo4p4SQVcAaZp6plXB9T32AVriTDH0Qf8aepwja3eSt3sGE75uDU99Y24TZZU1HfqvFvYGZK6Lqkc677fPdLdKfPo9G0NDPZVXG-tI26eNqypCsqnKpfNkdFH31
After playing some more to lv35, it's become apparent that melee splash is causing desync when hitting more than a couple of enemies. I'd really love this build if it weren't for this.
I am also doing a GH build.
Leveling with Infernal Blow + Melee Splash (until I can a equip a decent sceptre).

IMO melee = Resolute Technique, unless you are using sword which is not the case here.

As for unique chest Carcass Jack would be the best to use since the only thing GH lacks is AoE. You can increase it through Melee Splash and passive but a little more AoE can only help since you're freezing everything.

I play on default and I must say this the first character that reached end of Cruel with no deaths.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info