EK Templar (Either Molten Shell or Tempest Shield)

I just started making a templar after I lost my lv65 CI Flicker Shadow and was going to go EK HP Temp with either Molten Shell or Tempest Shield.

My Current build at lv 18 (haven't used 5 skills)

Now, I know that i'll need spell dmg and cast speed for EK and was planning on progressing through the tree like this.

As they're probably many guides/builds for EK out there, this is how I was going to go with my Templar and would like some tips on if this build would actually work more end, or if I would have to tweak it to survive more and do more dmg with EK.
I really do not see any reason to grab up all these AoE passives in fact they are pretty much useless.
Molten Shell may profit from it but since it actually doesn't synergize well with an EK build in the first place it's simply not worth the points.

When it comes to the rest of the build... well you've invested a significant amount of points into crit passives while this isn't in any way a bad choice you have to take into concern that these are much better with elemental skills rather than purely physical ones like EK.
I went back through and took out the AoE passive's and crit. Also got Resolute Technique and more cast speed/spell dmg nodes and an endurance charge (for when Molten is up & Granite Flask)

Also figured that I would try and link my skill's like this:
Spoiler
Etheral Knives -> Faster Proj -> Faster Casting (not sure what else since I took RT)
Molten Shell -> Increased Duration -> Enduring Cry
Spell Totem -> Spark/Arc
Reduced Mana -> Determination -> Grace

This is all I can think of atm, may have some other links with gems later once they come to mind.

As of now, I am lvling with Cleave and Double Strike and going for Arm/Eva or Pure Arm gear depending on if the item has Hp and Res on them to stay alive.
EK can't miss, so no need for resolute
As the guy above me said RT is pointless since EK is a spell not an attack.
When it comes to EK best supports are Faster Casting, Mana Leech (you simply need it), life leech and Chain/Fork.
Having a totem isn't really worth it when your character isn't based on using them, just the cast time will make you loose more potential damage than they will be able to deal.

Now you should create a build with something around 90-100 points used, simply because it will take you ages to get really higher than that and will give you a clearer vision on what you want to achieve at which point of the game.
My Current Build Lv 33 (Dps 193.1 Etheral linked with Faster Casting)

The way I would progress lv 40

Around Lv 55 (I'm normally at Act 3 Cruel by now)

Lv 65 Act 2/3 Merc (Fellshire/Docks Farming)
Spoiler
This will be without the Flicker cave/Dweller unless I have a substantial amount of dps/armor. I'll help Oak for the extra Endurance charge to help with survivability with Molten Shell up. http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAuMEswVbB6UOSBEtEZYUTRXnFm8WvxmFGjgabCSqJ-0pTyycLR826TdHRKtFR0myUEJVS1WuVcZZ813GXfJgbWHia6xtGW17cFJw1XOzfIN_xoIQgziH24w2jr6PRo-mkFWdgJ2uogCiLqKjpwinhKyqtQS4k8AawfPN-s9l0NDVT9rd3fPed9-w42rkIuw48B_wa_Pd8-o=

~90 points

~100 points

Highest I've gotten a char so far was lvl 65 so the 90/100 point Tree's are for when I start to progress past 65 and have the gear for it from farming Docks/Fellshire.
I'd highly suggest you to pick up the survivability in the marauder area of the tree before heading into the shadow area.
It will simply make lvling a lot easier your DPS will surely suffer a bit but that's nothing i would sacrifice that much life for.

Besides that there isn't really any flaw in your builds.
Okay, thank you. I guess for the best possible DPS I should use Wand + ES Shield(spell dmg) while leveling.

Also have another question about aura's. Besides Determination/Grace for Def. Are there any aura's that would increase's the EK's dmg like Anger/Wrath/Hatred.
"
Zijesinop wrote:
Okay, thank you. I guess for the best possible DPS I should use Wand + ES Shield(spell dmg) while leveling.

Also have another question about aura's. Besides Determination/Grace for Def. Are there any aura's that would increase's the EK's dmg like Anger/Wrath/Hatred.

Hatred does increase the damage from EK Anger and Wrath however are useless since they only work with attacks.
I was also looking at Iron Grip and Iron Will support gem's, would EK benefit from the boost from these gem's since i'll have a lot of strength from the nodes going to Marauder's side and some from Onyx Amulet (to get Dex req for EK)

Just looked up the skill's on the wiki, IG wont do good since it's atk spd.

Would it be worth it to
5 link: Etheral Knives -> Faster Casting -> Fork/Chain -> Iron Will -> Mana Leech
6 link: Etheral Knives -> Faster Casting -> Fork/Chain -> Life Leech -> Mana Leech -> Iron Will
?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info