Opinions on next upgrade. Ele cleave

Started doing maps recently and quickly found out how squishy I can be, obvious answer is to pick up pieces with life. I dont have much of an issue in the damage output area.could always be higher but for now I can take down most mobs with relative ease.
Current gear
Spoiler

I do have another set of rings and an ammy for chaos resist.

Current Passive Tree Little messy atm due to respec for filling in holes.

Any input on what piece I should upgrade first would be appreciated. I like to have other peoples ideas and input on these things. I'm thinking finding/crafting some dragonscale gloves with attack speed/lighting damage. New rings and ammy.

Stats/Numbers off sheet:
Life:2816
Cleave unbuffed: 4030
Cleave w/ anger/wrath: 5810
Armour: 4301
IGN:LootingLemur,SlipperyBogel
GMT -4:00
Last edited by LootingLemur on Apr 23, 2013, 2:00:05 PM
Swap conductivity for enfeeble, and make sure you're making generous use of granite flasks of iron skin (I keep 2x on my bar and basically always have them up in map fights).

Enfeeble makes a huge survivability difference.

As for build, your next point should be "chance to shock" behind static blows. That doubles your chance to shock as compared to just running static blows (not counting conductivity). Any resolute technique build that uses shock relies totally on "chance to shock" since it can't shock off crits.

Even with level 20 conductivity "chance to shock" is a 42% increase in the amount of shocks you'll proc. Hugely worth it (but like I said you're probably going to want to run enfeeble on maps for a while, so chance to shock is precisely 100% more shocks).

Why is the reduced mana gem in your boots level 1?
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 23, 2013, 2:28:07 PM
"
Swap conductivity for enfeeble, and make sure you're making generous use of granite flasks of iron skin (I keep 2x on my bar and basically always have them up in map fights).

Enfeeble makes a huge survivability difference.

As for build, your next point should be "chance to shock" behind static blows. That doubles your chance to shock as compared to just running static blows (not counting conductivity). Any resolute technique build that uses shock relies totally on "chance to shock" since it can't shock off crits.

Even with level 20 conductivity "chance to shock" is a 42% increase in the amount of shocks you'll proc. Hugely worth it (but like I said you're probably going to want to run enfeeble on maps for a while, so chance to shock is precisely 100% more shocks).

Thanks.Yeah,that node is on my list. Kinda picked up others here and there. The reason I've ran conductivity is because I had a quality. I'll swap in an enfeeble gem,think I might actually have a 10% stashed somewhere.
Any gear ideas besides flasks?
Also,Ive been running maps solo. Mainly because I dont trust other people as far as loot goes. Which,I know,not that big of a deal and I know thats how the game is. should I try for group maps? Obviously it will take some pressure off.
Last edited by LootingLemur on Apr 23, 2013, 2:30:29 PM
"
LootingLemur wrote:
Any gear ideas besides flasks?

I imagine you know what the low points are in your gear. To my mind they are:

Both rings (particularly brimstone coil, no life, only the base resists)
Wrath Slicer sword (too slow, not a lot of ele)

Hat, chest, ammy, and belt are all pretty reasonable. Tri res on a belt is nice, too bad it doesn't have more life.

Gloves have good offensive stats, but almost no defense. Could be swapped temporarily to something with more survival stats on it, and swapped back later once you feel more comfortable (or not).

You could also temporarily swap wakes for something that gives you more survivability, then swap back to wakes later (or not). Honestly I find wakes to be over-rated. Even if you have whirling blades or leap slam (I prefer leap slam, but whatever), the movement speed you can get from boots is still super super nice. I'd rather have 30% move speed than the extra lightning damage, but your damage is a little on the low side, and is mostly propped up by wakes, so swapping them might hurt a bit.

I encourage you to try it out with enfeeble before you make any drastic gear changes/investments though. The survivability difference is pretty big.

"
LootingLemur wrote:
Also,Ive been running maps solo. Mainly because I dont trust other people as far as loot goes. Which,I know,not that big of a deal and I know thats how the game is. should I try for group maps? Obviously it will take some pressure off.

For higher level maps you want to be in a group just to save on the currency costs of re-rolling maps. Doing 66 maps solo is fine, but in a group is fine too. I'm lucky enough to have a group of friends to run with, so I can't really comment on how it feels to run in a pickup group.

I do feel safer in a group though. I play with a double spark totem double curse templar who keeps enfeeble and elemental weakness up on everything, and he spends his time casting skeletons once curses and totems are down, which takes a lot of pressure off me in melee. Most of the other people I group with are mainly just extra DPS, but they do eat some hits for me too.

I like in groups that I don't have to stop to cast skelly totem or enfeeble, I get to spend almost all my time DPSing (just stopping to cast enduring cry every so often).
Last edited by magicrectangle on Apr 23, 2013, 2:45:49 PM
Wow, thanks for the massive input. I originally planned on grabbing some swords with my extra currency but decided it might be better spent getting gear to stay alive. Also, I kind of regret getting the wakes they do offer nice DPS increase but I appreciate movement speed. Again, thanks for the massive amount of input. Its greatly appreciated. I'll get my enfeeble levelled up and see what happens. Thanks for your time.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info