Dual Spork Totem + Dual Curses build advice

So I currently have the following build on a level 67 Templar and I was wondering whether or not I should continue it, respec it, or just roll a new character.

I have no idea what I was thinking when I made it, but it seemed to work as I made it into a farming character with nearly 100% IQ and about 250% IR. I plan to continue with a farming specific build using dual spork, but I don't know what the optimal choice would be.

I was wondering if I should reroll a new character, and go for something more along the lines of this

or should I drop dual curses, and opt for more damage like so?

I care very little about survivability since it's on SC, and I haven't died as often as I thought I would on my templar, who btw has very low life/ES currently. Currently running below 35% health to get the item rarity bonus on wondertrap boots. Considering the low life, I figured I should invest some points/gear into ES so I at least don't get 1 shot by mobs.
Let me bend your ear for a moment
Last edited by Reprisal35 on Apr 22, 2013, 12:39:10 PM
I don't really see how the second build is any better than the first one but actually it shouldn't be hard to fix your build with the respec points you get throughout the game and maybe a few regret orbs.
There are a couple of differences between my current build, the first alternate build and the second alternate build. Between my current build and the 1st alternate build, I end up specing out of reduce mana, and about half of the witches starting area. I opt for less lightning damage and casting speed for more critical chance + energy shield. Not sure if the increased critical chance would up my damage more compared to just going for more lightning damage + cast speed or not, that's why I suggested that build. With the second build, I end up losing dual curses and some lightning damage in the templar area, but in exchange, I gain just a little bit more crit chance along with some energy shield. The second one resembles my current build more then the first one, but I dont know if it's better or not.

The way I see it, with my normal build, I think I was going for increased overall damage, regardless if I crit or not along with more casting speed. Wouldn't this decrease the overall chance of getting the shock effect since I don't have the crit needed for it to proc more often? Wouldn't I essentially be losing out on potential damage?

With the first alternate build, I go for a lot more crit chance and relying on the shock to deal more damage rather then just having increased base damage and casting speed. With mobs being constantly shock, shouldn't my dps increase compared to my previous build or am I missing something?

The second build is essentially a combination of my current build, and the first build, just no dual curses. Is it really worth losing that extra lightning resistance reduction from double curses or no? I will end up losing at least 30% lightning resistance reduction following this path.

Which seems like the better choice?

Also, excuse me if I'm completely wrong about this since I only recently started to look into builds again after blindly following other popular builds.
Last edited by Reprisal35 on Apr 22, 2013, 3:07:46 PM
^
^
what's wrong with your first build?
This build looks similar to the build I just made on a templar that had a respec from the duelist changes... I have a lot of life nodes compared to your build, but I'm sure I deal significantly less damage than you do... I'm debating on just making a new character, but I'm not entirely sure yet as well... I don't understand how people use dual-spork totems and have a decent kill speed... I'm assuming it's just a party specific build xD
IGN: SC - Vellkous
Velkause

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info