How To Dunk Like Jordan! (Physical CI Melee for Dummies!)(Ridiculous Survivability and Damage)

"
"
Midnightgem wrote:
"

Leap Slam has it's own APS of 1.4.

I haven't seen that before, it isn't described as such on the tooltip, and it doesn't behave that way in game... do you have a Dev Quote you could reference me to? Because I am fairly sure that it doesn't have a base attack speed of almost one and a half animations per second...

Attack Speed: Leap Slam has its own duration (1.4 Seconds), which is modified by, but not equal to, the player's attack speed. Leap Slam may seem slow when jumping small distances, but in reality, Leap Slam is simply always performed at the same modified speed regardless of the distance jumped.

(1/1.4)*(weapon attack speed Affix)*(XX% increase attack speed)*(xx% more attack speed)

Right that's the general formula for it, its base attack speed is 1.4 but its not always 1.4, its a modifiable 1.4. Marohi slows it down by an unreasonable amount, not entirely sure if it is better to have a Marohi or another Karui Maul. I don't have a Marohi to test atm to be fairly honest.
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
"
ykhang wrote:

(1/1.4)*(weapon attack speed Affix)*(XX% increase attack speed)*(xx% more attack speed)

Are you absolutely sure about this part? It seems like it would be added to the XX% increased attack speed. If weapon speed modifiers are treated as a multiplicative more modifier then Marohi may not be as good as it seems.
Last edited by TheAmaranthine on May 3, 2013, 5:06:59 PM
"
"
ykhang wrote:

Are you absolutely sure about this part? It seems like it would be added to the XX% increased attack speed. If weapon speed modifiers are treated as a multiplicative more modifier then Marohi may not be as good as it seems.

Marohi seems bad. Does that mean it now seems terrible?
But regardless, I tried a mace with the same dps as mine but 1% more IAS on the affix, and it lowered my dps (as well as ability to penetrate armor).
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
"
"
ykhang wrote:

i can sure about this part ,i use few weapon to test it alreadly

IGN:HK___HENRY
"
Midnightgem wrote:
"
Wurzel wrote:
Hey midget,

Just wanna thank you for this idea, my build is a huge succes - running around with 140+% mf with 5k ES at level 72 and pretty much only dying to desync. Clearing maps in like under 4 minutes lol :D

<3 respect

Glad its working! Wish I could go full MF myself, but my chest is a piece of shit LOL.

You shouldn't have problems with Desync though, should be able to outleech its effects if you are desyncing into mobs. That's also the reason for using a slower mace, more leech and less desync due to less actions and less checks made by the server and your computer.

I think I will make a separate little section for this MF version of the build :) do you mind?

Go for it bro, I can help post my tree and etc for viewers to help. So far I am running flicker with build and I swear its like 5 minute map clears. SO GG
Definitely made a templar right off this build. Bought a Marohi's and near perfect carnage heart. I was wondering if you had any extra gear I could purchase, as literally spent all my currency on those. Loving it so far, thanks much!
Last edited by Shenanafrazzle on May 5, 2013, 12:02:59 PM
"
Definitely made a templar right off this build. Bought a Marohi's and near perfect carnage heart. I was wondering if you had any extra gear I could purchase, as literally spent all my currency on those. Loving it so far, thanks much!

This is all I have that's even semi-decent left lol. I haven't been playing a ton of maps in the past few days, and going to be working on a char in the 1-month to make a move to HC tbh.
Although, that's one sick CH and nice on the Marohi, if you can 4L the Marohi you can do w.e with your chest, and 700-1000 ES on your chest allows the rest of your gear to be absolute shit. (or just get a 500 es chest and 200 helm, 100ish on boots/gloves).
"
ykhang wrote:
"
"
ykhang wrote:

i can sure about this part ,i use few weapon to test it alreadly

Alright than, but does Marohi's attack speed modifier factor in as the weapon XX or as a subtraction from other multipliers. But regardless, it seems as though it is not as strong as certain crafted rare maces. Although, it will have more Armor Pen, and if you are Flicker Multistriking, it may be better to use Marohi to guarentee 1 shotting and chain Flicker with Blood Rage Charges.
Been testing Flicker Strike, and right now in the Docks and in Lunaris it has been extremely powerful just as a 4L ---- using Melee on Full Life, Melee Physical Damage, Faster Attacks, and the Flicker Strike itself. If I could 5L I would use multistrike I think, and for a 6L maybe added fire? This might be a viable AoE option instead of Leap Slamming... Will need to test further.
Just want to drop by and say hello.

I absolutely love this build. Still far off from being able to switch to CI completely, from what I see I need at least 6-7 free points (have to get Vaal pact, ghost reaver and those nodes after CI in one go or I'll be in trouble).

Right now Lvl 56, farming the ledge before for awhile before moving on. With shitty gear I am able to clear this map in 3-4 minutes (minus the boss I have shitty lightning resist), mostly in 3 minutes.

The most expensive item I bought so far is carnage heart (like you said it is a must have). Having that makes my templar runs better (lets hope GGG wont nerf it). Other items are about 1-2 chaos each. Trying to get Dreamfragment, but that eludes me so far.

IMO, flicker + multistrike just invites desync more. I tried it before, I was rubber banding badly. But if your connection is good, it is nice to use. Another viable aoe opiton for newbies is sweep + IAoE + inc melee damage. Simple to use, easy on mana, easy-to-get skills, good dmg output but restricted to maces and axes. Added with multistrike....wooo. Leapslam into mob..sweep.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info