How To Dunk Like Jordan! (Physical CI Melee for Dummies!)(Ridiculous Survivability and Damage)

"
Puep wrote:
hey thx for the guide i like LS but i wanna play in onslaught. do u think its viable on solo play / lvling? Or do u would change some stats?
Cause i wanna play a melee Build and not a spork boring build or stuff like dat again^^

It definitely is, its just riskier than ranged while leveling until going CI, at which point it becomes quite strong. Just make sure to get Life Leech on your amulet, and preferably also rings and gloves if possible.
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
You probably should take the 30 int notes instead of 6%ES - same ES & more mana.
And why you dont get nulifaction? If you spend 6 points for it instead of the 6% ES notes you loose 2%ES, but gain 8% Resis, 36% Evasion and 10% ES-Recovery.

So you end up with this small modification:

Another point: because you cant use Carnage Heart in Anarchy (and therefore dont lose ES) - you might get some extra damage notes instead of ES (not talking about onlaught here). I will probably take Wrecking Ball and try to get mana leech on gear, so i can skip Mind Drinker and Nulification.
(But if you get Mind Drinker you also should get Nulifation)

My build with 107 points (hopefully one day; ) )
IGN: Mauredo

Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/558639/page/1
"
Mauredo wrote:
You probably should take the 30 int notes instead of 6%ES - same ES & more mana.
And why you dont get nulifaction? If you spend 6 points for it instead of the 6% ES notes you loose 2%ES, but gain 8% Resis, 36% Evasion and 10% ES-Recovery.

So you end up with this small modification:

Another point: because you cant use Carnage Heart in Anarchy (and therefore dont lose ES) - you might get some extra damage notes instead of ES (not talking about onlaught here). I will probably take Wrecking Ball and try to get mana leech on gear, so i can skip Mind Drinker and Nulification.
(But if you get Mind Drinker you also should get Nulifation)

My build with 107 points (hopefully one day; ) )

I think i actually forgot to update the Tree on the site.
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMMfQ5IDq0PVBB7EH8RLxGWFE0VIBXXGNsZ6RzcHRQhYCSLJ-0otSj6KaUqOCpNKrorCiy_LOkyCT8nQKBBP0GHQ2NDnERyRnFHBk3YUeZWY1j1WfNbr19qYIhhUmaebqpxTXKpdPF6uHy7fNl_xoFvgseDOITEhq6Ia4p0jHaPRo_6kyeVIJmams-dxJ48n8unCKc0qWisqq6TtAy0L7TFtve3MbiTvjrAGsEAwcXC7MNtxp7Xhtsa2-fdDd7B44Tkretj6-7sGO9O73zz3fVL-tI=

This is my current Tree, I'll have to go back through and re-route a few points.
Also, in Anarchy, I wouldn't recommend sacrificing survivability for DPS, as the Exiles can hit like trucks in high level maps.
Ign: TheMidgetCow (Level 88.8 CI Leapslam Templar --- Default)
TheMidgetCowAmbush (Level 91.7 Buzzsaw Ranger --- Ambush)
TheMidgetCowBurns (Level X LowLife RF Scion --- Ambush)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348309/page/1 --- Legacy Guide to CI Leapslam Templar
Ok so I'm fairly new to the game and I decided to follow a 1h axe/high dps/block chance, etc. build (a jack of all trades essentially), and I've managed to get to level 58 so far, but it's just not cutting it for me. I like to run solo but this build doesn't seem to help with that much so I decided I would try out a new build. I stumbled across this and it looks pretty promising. I personally would much rather just respec my entire character rather than starting over so I don't waste more time. I'm picking up some mediocre level 60-70 gear for quite cheap just so I can atleast start farming with the build and then save up for godly gear later on. That being said, I won't respec until about level 68-69 unless I find some good gear that's between 55-65 that I can get for cheap. Unfortunately, I haven't been very lucky with drops so I'm having a hard time saving up for regrets/gear.

I have a few questions to ask regarding the build;
What do you think the minimal gear would be to make this build effective?
Am I respecing at a good level/time? Should I do it as soon as possible or during later levels?
Is this build easy/not too difficult to run for newcomers to the game? I personally don't think it looks too challenging, the gear is just a pain in the ass to come by lol.

I'm going to start buying some more gear later today and I'll post it down below, do you mind telling me if it'll be good enough to farm/solo maps and docks?
"
Midnightgem wrote:
Armor: Roughly 35000

Anyone follows this build, wears pure ES pieces, and gets more than 20k armor with granite?
When is this BS gonna stop?
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
"
Bumblebutt wrote:
"
Midnightgem wrote:
Armor: Roughly 35000

Anyone follows this build, wears pure ES pieces, and gets more than 20k armor with granite?
When is this BS gonna stop?

You just need one tiny amount of armor somewhere on ONE piece, which is not difficult if you get an armour/ES hybrid piece somewhere.
Then the multiplicative armor nodes, auras and potions do the rest.

"
firemonk98 wrote:

Is this build easy/not too difficult to run for newcomers to the game? I personally don't think it looks too challenging, the gear is just a pain in the ass to come by lol.

I'm going to start buying some more gear later today and I'll post it down below, do you mind telling me if it'll be good enough to farm/solo maps and docks?

I'll be brutally honest: do NOT attempt this build as a newcomer.

This build is very powerful and dead-easy to play, even in maps, but it is awful to level because it doesn't really come together before lv80, which is not easy/fast to reach.
You'll reach merciless easily but then, due to chaos damage, you'll be in pain from lv50 to 80 without uber gear, because you'll be lacking either life, energy, freeze immunity/stun immunity/resist, as long as you don't complete all the passive requirements.

Gear requirement is high but not ridiculous (no Shavronne's Wrappings, or other ridiculously expensive gear).

But again, a build which doesn't come together before lv80 is no fun at all for a first character. You will need currency/gear to make it happen, so you'll need a character which can farm efficiently for this one (like dual totem or archer, they level way easier all the way up).
Last edited by tienbasse on Aug 8, 2013, 2:26:00 PM
"
tienbasse wrote:

You just need one tiny amount of armor somewhere on ONE piece, which is not difficult if you get an armour/ES hybrid piece somewhere.
Then the multiplicative armor nodes, auras and potions do the rest.

This kind of BS hurts my eyes
Standard IGN: WTFNamesAllTaken.
Online everyday at 10 AM CST and at several different hours throughout the day. Best way to reach me is via forum PM.
If you're looking for a deal, do your homework and make a decent offer. If I have to set a b/o via request, it will be non-negotiable.
another BS in there is reality of dmg in this build
AS will be extremely slow without multistrike and only 1 as node taken !
and i am talking like 0.6AS which is slower then SNAIL
even with all frenzy charges u are looking at very long period between hits! which is total joke

Another thing
The REAL reason behind his high physical slow as snail dmg is cause he doesnt use multistrike!
the moment he puts that all dreams fall into water,cause build simply doesn't have enough damage nodes taken to make it viable!

Here is Reality comparison vs hp build slammer

CI
+160 to Strength
+140 to Dexterity
+230 to Intelligence
--------------
38% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons
52% increased Physical Damage with Maces
22% increased Melee Physical Damage
--------------
Attack Speed
15% increased Attack Speed

HP
+400 to Strength
+90 to Dexterity
+40 to Intelligence
-------------
Physical Damage
200% increased Physical Damage with Maces
43% increased Melee Physical Damage
76% increased Physical Damage with Two Handed Melee Weapons
-------------
Attack Speed
27% increased Attack Speed
11% increased Attack Speed with Two Handed Melee Weapons
8% increased Attack Speed with Maces
-------------
Life
188% increased maximum Life
Enemies Cannot Leech Life From You
1.9% of Life Regenerated per Second *VAAL build*
+60 to maximum Life
2% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched back as Life

CI VS HP:

CI
160 Strenght
112% Physical damage
15% Attack Speed

Health
400 Strenght
319% Physical damage
46% Attack Speed
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Aug 10, 2013, 8:00:20 AM
Icelancer attack speed isn't the only damage source in this game.
Don't forget also that this build has melee physical damage and melee damage
on full life linked to both single and aoe attack as long as concetrated effect
as the 5th gem to be linked with the AoE attack.
To crit or not to crit ?
thats where u are soo wrong

Unless u have 6L
that melee on full life will replace multistrike
in which case ur AS will be 0.9!

Do you realize that that's 1 hit every 3 seconds almost?

i am very curious cause u are probably talking from head and not actual tryout

He has ONLY 15% increase AS from nodes
for god sake that's absolutely a joke

Do you see this stats?

CI
160 Strenght
112% Physical damage
15% Attack Speed

Health
400 Strenght / 5str=1%physical dmg (80%physical dmg?)
319% Physical damage vs 112% WTF isnt it obvious?
46% Attack Speed (guaranteed 0.25 AS with marohi) if u use MS and haste + 12% AS gloves
31% AS more then CI ..come on does it requires a picture to explain?

Here
just to confirm that i am not talking from head..but from real HP build with stats above

And here is same thing but with Leap Slam

All OP has is TALK,and nothing else
not even pictures
that es build is fake as it can be.or post some actuall in game pic's
Last edited by IceLancerSR on Aug 10, 2013, 11:24:35 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info