Map Management Resource

So...

Double Shock n Horror will spawn double the totems(10 totems, seriously? >.<), double the spawn.
The Overlord's mod(Unique Boss deals +x% Damage/x% Faster)will also increase the damage output of the totems/attack speed of those.
I am a nice guy.
Looking for cheap builds/builds for beginners? Check out one of my guides! /806789
Breaking news, accurate mod frequencies were revealed... a month ago. chriskang found them in client files and Chris confirmed them to be accurate as of 1.0.4 (source).

I've added this data to Map mod frequency research, and the new column is the most accurate one right now.

"
Lyralei wrote:
"
DeeMonk wrote:
This is amazing map managment post thx guys!!! i am enjoying map now but i want too give one frienldy suggestion !!!
What you think to add vendor recipes for every single map from 66-77
lvl so if someone wanna buy siper lair mam he will know that he need 3 thicket map from lvl 67.

I'll put it on my to-do list :)

chriskang posted this data too! A single page with all map upgrades listed.
Last edited by SunnyRay on Feb 7, 2014, 8:24:09 AM
There are a few new Unique maps in that List. Coming 1.10 ?
I'm running lvl 66 maps but how do I get lvl 67 maps? I have only ever seen 1 drop and I'm afraid to use it because it's my only one. Should I be combinign 3x lvl 66 maps to get a lvl 67? The problem is I'm barely breaking even on my maps. Should I always be aiming for 30% quantity even if I get mods like Commander?
"
I'm running lvl 66 maps but how do I get lvl 67 maps? I have only ever seen 1 drop and I'm afraid to use it because it's my only one. Should I be combinign 3x lvl 66 maps to get a lvl 67? The problem is I'm barely breaking even on my maps. Should I always be aiming for 30% quantity even if I get mods like Commander?

If your luck is that terrible with map drops, then sure, I'd upgrade some 66s to 67s, or just buy the 67s from someone (you can get something silly like 7 67s or so for 1 chaos). I don't even roll my 66s or 67s anymore, just because they are so easy to come by, and I mostly just blitz through them for a few levels, only caring about exp anyway, and I'm not about to waste endless stacks of alts (and time) hoping for Hordes rolls on each one.
Agree with Gallow... at this point I usually use all my 66s for the Stone Hammer recipe for chisels, but before that I was generally vendoring 3:1 up to 68s.

I was getting like 2-3 66 map drops per Piety run before I started really mapping. It's not worth running 66s over doing Piety since her drops are much better than anything you can get in a 66-67 map.
"

67 and 68 maps can drop off magic rare and boss mobs in 66 maps. To get more look for the added rare or magic monsters mods.
"
Nemmerle wrote:
"

67 and 68 maps can drop off magic rare and boss mobs in 66 maps. To get more look for the added rare or magic monsters mods.

He may or may not be back to comment. I offloaded my entire stash of 67-71 maps on him, so he should be good for a while. xD

That said, I've always found the Hordes mod to be by far the most productive, since it increases the size of all packs, including magic monsters. "Bang for the buck" it's definitely the best single mod in existence. Even it's worst roll seems to net better results than anything short of Fleet.
Excellent guide, it probably already saved me from sudden deaths from map bosses at least ten times.
Still got owned in Jungle Valley though with all the chaos res and grace+determ buffed armour... You can casually clear the outside map even with hardest mods, but you go to the boss room, and BAM!, the damage you take is around 5-10 times higher even in a small party. And it's only lvl 72...
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on Feb 8, 2014, 6:26:11 AM
"
Excellent guide, it probably already saved me from sudden deaths from map bosses at least ten times.
Still got owned in Jungle Valley though with all the chaos res and grace+determ buffed armour... You can casually clear the outside map even with hardest mods, but you go to the boss room, and BAM!, the damage you take is around 5-10 times higher even in a small party. And it's only lvl 72...

Dem level 72 map bosses...much evil in such a small bracket. Shock and Horror is even worse than Spinner, IMO.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info