Map Management Resource

This is amazing map managment post thx guys!!! i am enjoying map now but i want too give one frienldy suggestion !!!
What you think to add vendor recipes for every single map from 66-77
lvl so if someone wanna buy siper lair mam he will know that he need 3 thicket map from lvl 67.
"
DeeMonk wrote:
This is amazing map managment post thx guys!!! i am enjoying map now but i want too give one frienldy suggestion !!!
What you think to add vendor recipes for every single map from 66-77
lvl so if someone wanna buy siper lair mam he will know that he need 3 thicket map from lvl 67.

I'll put it on my to-do list :)
I've been following this guide since I started mapping on my Incinerate Scion. She's lvl 83 now and down to 2 (crappy) lvl 74 maps, rest is 70 or lower. I think back to all the currency I "wasted" on rolling maps (around 3-5 chaos worth per map starting with the rare pool) and it seems to me I would have been better off just running all maps blue for easy & fast XP, saving the currency, then buying some maps when I run out which is what I'll have to do soon anyway. Am I overlooking something here?
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
"
holocaustus wrote:
I've been following this guide since I started mapping on my Incinerate Scion. She's lvl 83 now and down to 2 (crappy) lvl 74 maps, rest is 70 or lower. I think back to all the currency I "wasted" on rolling maps (around 3-5 chaos worth per map starting with the rare pool) and it seems to me I would have been better off just running all maps blue for easy & fast XP, saving the currency, then buying some maps when I run out which is what I'll have to do soon anyway. Am I overlooking something here?

This way you will never get to lvl 76-78 maps, i dont think you wana pay 1ex+ for very map run in the future
You're overlooking something. I just spent the entire weekend mapping SC. Started from (iirc) 6x73, ran 73s only until they ran out, currently staring at 4x75 and 8x74. Solo. My regular strategy is to chisel, roll for 80+ or an affix, and always reroll TC below 100 because TC sucks. I probably ran 15-20 73s total, my stock of 71/72 exploded, and I gave away everything below that.

Pretty sure the something you were overlooking is quantity. Sure some affixes are better than others, but the important bit is to get those maps dropping and the best way to do that is quantity.

WTB chisels...then again, maybe not, I'll only be mapping on weekends until the new HC league.
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
I dunno. RNG being what it is you can still come out empty-handed even if you roll the perfect map (after dumping a dozen chaos on it). Like I dinged 84, figured what the hell I have nothing to lose, ran Residence with -max resists, 100%+ qty and pack size, wiped 5 times on Dominus, not one single map dropped. Sure, Residence is small but come on? OTOH a blue map with just pack size (much cheaper to roll) sometimes nets 3+ maps.

I estimate I've sunk around 10Ex into rolling maps so far, that could have bought a good pool of 73s/74s to work with while running 66-72 blue.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
Last edited by OwVEmrkMLX on Feb 3, 2014, 5:21:14 PM
That's why the map system sucks right now. About the currency used where did you waste it exactly? when you say you used 3-5chaos for map
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
73 done. 74 and 75 tomorrow. I somehow lost my notes on Residence besides the boss.
"
Inhabitation affixes override the signature monster on a map with the exception of statues.

I don't know if it's been said, but I'm fairly certain that spiders are an exception as well (the ones that climb up all at once when you walk into some rooms in ancient ruin style maps.)
Those are tileset specific too, I'm not entirely sure whether they should even count as signature. When I was doing testing, I only added the line for statues after it was clear that there were no other common spawns; somehow I never added spiders in that manner, or if I did then it doesn't stick in my memory.

Spreadsheet needs to be updated or something. Maybe I'll start taking note for 74s since I'm mapping those now.

I believe in RNG evening itself out over the long run because I have observed this in action. The 100% quantity maps with no mapdrops have come up in my experience, multiple times (Bazaar really hates me), but all told it does even itself out. Granted, there's a direct correlation between required quantity to sustain on average and map level, but did you really expect any less?
How to make a build: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/510084
Current guides: N/A
Last edited by Kirielis on Feb 5, 2014, 7:57:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info