Map Management Resource

Thanks for the quick reply, I done all my 66 blue maps with IIQ >35%, so I guess Im just being a tad unlucky.

I will try and get/buy some new 66's, lvl up abit and start doing 67's/68's depending on RNG.
Awesome guide you have here. I just started playing again recently and since maps weren't implemented when I last played CB, I was pretty clueless. This has helped tremendously. Thanks a bunch.
ॐ "Metal Gear!?!?!?" ॐ
Onslaught: FixinToDie + Awnslot
"
Flapdrol wrote:
"
Bobo337 wrote:

There's kind of a big difference between Shipyard's maze and other mazes. It's like Temple on crack.

Shipyard is Wharf without maze, then it becomes this absolutely massive beast of a map when it's mazed.

In addition:

Often one gets a Maze on Temple by using Alterations followed by a Regal. This will always give 3 modifiers, one of which is a 0% IIQ Maze.

For Shipyard you would use Chaos Orbs to get either:
- Maze + 4 good modifiers and use an Exalted to get a fifth
- Maze + 5 good modifiers

As Shipyards go for several exalted (> 200 Chaos), spending 25 chaos or so to roll a good Maze is worth it.

Therefore Shipyards should be both Maze AND high IIQ, while Temples are usually Maze OR high IIQ

Of course you can use many Chaos Orbs on Temple maps to get a Maze+good mods roll, but it is highly cost-ineffective.

Good maze bad maze its same for drop Map its only rng.

Last weeks i stop each Time after first maze because i didnt care more xp/map and this 2 day i got so Many Map some Map like crématorium maze 45iq 20% rare monster only crap maze like that and i got so Many Map(74+)

Or just play unid blue crématorium (wich didn't get maze) and drop 2x77 2x76.

The biggest joke is the quantity its harder you have more chance to Die but for drop Map its do nothing
Pack size is good because more monster and more xp, magic monster so at least its give good xp(and few more chance to get Map because more monster)

I saw everything White 75 with only chisel wich drop some Map and 77, rare 77 without chisel wich drop a lot of good Map, blue Unid <3 9/10 i get refund or better Map in blue unid only one Time i got nothing in a blue unid shypiard ;(

And so Many Time some Godly Map roll exalted wich drop nothing like Maze+ 45%+ pack size and magic 100+iq exalted Map wich drop nothing

Its only rng someday you Will drop nothing or only shit with only good roll(you can open 10x76/77 in one night and drop nothing in all of them or 70- map) and some other day you Will get a LOT of good Map in really bad Map roll.

The best its when you régal maze a 73 cell wich drop like 4 74
74 drop lot of 75-76 ... And some hours after start with one 73 ou have a lot of 74+ you are so happy when you get good rng like that or open a 71 and 4 Map after you are in 77.

You can do only one things for drop map pray for the god of rng or sacrify one of you friend in a map maybe :x
Last edited by keta on Jun 26, 2013, 7:05:46 AM
free bumb
You can contact me:
-via Ingame Message - ign: Maiiah (mostly online at the evening hours CET)
-via Forum PM
-via this thread
"
Lyralei wrote:
The only thing that directly influences the drop rate of maps within a map is the IIQ of the map. The bonus from groups and gear do not influence this.

Does this mean that Maps aren't more likely to drop from Magic, Rare and Unique Bosses than they are from regular mobs?
New Year's Resolutions:
- Chicken Nuggets
- No More Bullshit
As great as this thread is, I have tried these methods, and others, and think this is only effective for groups.

Maps as a currency sink for solo play, will achieve nothing but ensuring you are constantly broke.

Hit every map with an alc, and vendor those with completely unplayable mods for your character. Alternately, run those maps on another character that isn't bothered by those mods, or find someone to trade maps with.

Also, running unidentified maps is really fun, and the 30%IIQ bonus is most welcome. Not for all builds.
I wonder what these will turn out to be...?
Spoiler
Maps are ok for solo play but you can't maintain your supply just running the level you want, you basically have to run low level maps between high lvl ones.
"
Rheakith wrote:
Maps are ok for solo play but you can't maintain your supply just running the level you want, you basically have to run low level maps between high lvl ones.

I'm okay with that. High level maps are a privilege, not a right. Not everyone can have the best items, just like not everyone can run the highest maps. It gives you something to strive for, and keeps you playing. Or you can misunderstand the map system, get angry, and ragequit.
"
keta wrote:

Good maze bad maze its same for drop Map its only rng.

If you do 1 good maze and 1 bad maze, its practically a tossup which one will give more maps.
If you do 1 million good mazes and 1 million bad mazes, you end up with more maps from the million good ones than from the million bad ones.

In the short-term it is all standard deviation (RNG), in the long term it is all expected value (IIQ etc.)

Humans are notoriously bad in dealing with statistical parameters of series of very low-frequency events and, consequently, how long it takes before you hit "the long term".

The best way to estimate the length of terms is using the following:

Flapdrols Law: The long term is longer than you think, even if you take Flapdrols Law into account

Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai
"
_Lilith_ wrote:

How does one get lvl 66 maps? I chaos'd my last 2 lvl 66 maps to increase the chance of getting new maps (one of around 60% IIQ, the other 80% IIQ) and I finished both resulting in one 67 map.

Its not that I want to complain about getting higher maps, I just dont know how to get a decent stock of 66 maps to fall back upon when needed.

The best way to get 66 maps is to play higher maps. Really.,..once you have about 10 67+ maps or so, the last thing you have to worry about is running out of 66 maps.

The real problem will shift to: how to get rid of 66 maps, sine you have so damned many of them.

One day you will be playing a 100%+Maze+Packsize 77-Shipyard map, and the only map that drops is a 66 map. On that day you will remember asking this question. And smile when you think back to when you were young and fresh.
Dear Maligaro,
I left my head in San Francisco, I lost my legs in Peru
My liver and kidney are on holiday in Sydney
And I am sending my Heart to you
--- Love, Malachai

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info