POE is therapeutic. It teaches me ZEN.

Great formatting. I love extended haiku.
"
exsea wrote:
our god gamer quin, with his immortal build that could tank maven's memory game died while mapping.

defenses dont mean shit when the damage can spike up so high and kill you in a split second.

I remember that death, it were mobs that came from a strongbox that negated his armor mostly.

So defenses don't mean shit if they are mostly ignored, I would say.

Which is a pet peeve I've heard mentioned often.

For me it was a great help to simply remember the interview with a developer who said that they love these reactional moments when a player dies.

And so do we, given by the popularity of the rip clips.

The lead designer was once asked why players were slowed down. A bit sarcastically he replied 'because otherwise we can't kill players'.

Chris said that portals are a resource.

-

Just add it up and consider a death is just some extra clicks, maybe some currency loss. Or whatever challenge you feel PoE is offering to you, realize that you yourself are the only one that sets this challenge. PoE does not carry any burden to tune anything for you, except that at some point, it'd be great if you'd die. Preferably with a strong reaction.

Though, getting hospitalized....well I'm glad you're ok :-)
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Last edited by kaepae on May 26, 2023, 1:14:41 PM
"
kaepae wrote:

Though, getting hospitalized....well I'm glad you're ok :-)

thanks man. i m taking care of my diet as well as my mental health. taking the zen approach to poe it the only way i can continue playing this game.
[Removed by Support]
As the kids once said, YOLO. A battle cry before a blaze of glory, or a reminder to resist taking things out of our control too seriously. All a matter of perspective.

I still believe GGG didn't set out to make a game that might cause others harm and obviously this is an end-user issue, but I too found peace and serenity after some really close calls regarding what my involvement with PoE did to me and my demeanour. I am not the type to rage at games. I am not competitive in the slightest. Despite that my PoE involvement drove a huge wedge between me and my partner. My temper shortened; my mood would respond to how the game and its culture made me feel. That's shit and I hated it. Quitting the game was easy. Quitting its community...well, I'm still here, but purely because it's familiar and no one's kicked me out for good. Yet.

I am so glad you have found your way through, and made PoE a game you play, rather than one that plays you.

Stay sane and well, Exile. You only live once.

PS lol THIS is feedback? A post literally about changing yourself and not expecting the game to change for you? Sasuga GGG.
The name says it all.
Last edited by 鬼殺し on May 29, 2023, 10:15:48 PM
*Personal Opinion*

I find that people play games like this for too long. Some can go 3, 4, 6, 10 hours a day, multiple days in a row, playing PoE. When you devote that sheer amount of time and energy to something, ANYTHING, its bound to frustrate you no matter what. I am a professional pianist, I have spent 6 hour days in the practice room, I spent YEARS practicing 3+ hours every. single. day. And I raged. A Lot. Patience wears thin after a time. You can point to specific things, but really its the TIME aspect that holds the most power.

Nowadays I am much more efficient, and spend far less time doing any task. When I play PoE, I play for maybe an hour in a sitting, and definitely not every day. Things might get me frustrated, but once the game closes all that frustration immediately goes away.

Best thing is to set limits, don't let it take over your life. The more of your life devoted to the game, the more control over your life it has, and the more visceral reactions you are going to get.

You watch videos of young kids or streamers who have been on for HOURS and something happens and they FLIP THE *%& OUT. That isn't healthy. Even if they don't flip out, you can SEE it on their face and body language how much WEIGHT the game has on their lives. It's a GAME. It's supposed to be enjoyable and fun. If it isn't...put it down!

When I was a kid, early 2000s, streaming wasn't a thing. It was normal to actually walk outside and show up at people's houses for playdates and things. Now? People spend all day AND all night playing or watching games. On their phones, on their computers, youtube, streaming, etc. It's just TOO MUCH. I'm not even that old but god damn do I sound like an old man. But I truly believe that if you do one thing for too long, thats when rage and frustration boil to breaking points. The tiniest things can set you off.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on May 29, 2023, 12:30:00 AM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
*Personal Opinion*

Even if they don't flip out, you can SEE it on their face and body language how much WEIGHT the game has on their lives. It's a GAME. It's supposed to be enjoyable and fun. If it isn't...put it down!

if you do one thing for too long, thats when rage and frustration boil to breaking points. The tiniest things can set you off.

yeah, i've played this game almost a decade? i'm quite invested in POE. i really hate dying to "BS deaths". its more deeper than just dying to BS deaths. there also is resentment towards GGG and the direction that they're taking this game.

pre AN, nemesis mods existed and were arguably more dangerous than regular mods. the saving grace was it was secluded to nemesis monster packs. there was a little bit of player choice where we could reroll maps if they have nemesis mods. now AN mods are everywhere. i really dont like the idea of having a blast for 20 minutes and suddenly dying to a mob in a splitsecond out of nowhere. but yeah i've managed my expectations a lot now.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

Stay sane and well, Exile. You only live once.

PS lol THIS is feedback? A post literally about changing yourelf and not expecting the game to change for you? Sasuga GGG.

tbh, i posted this in general discussion but a GGG staff moved it to feedback.

i am surprised but i am happy that its taken as feedback. i really would prefer to enjoy playing this game.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info