Skilling-Questions - Mana gain on killing Blow-Nodes

Hi folks!
My first character in PoE was (and still is) a Templar.
Unfortunately I had no clue about skilling when i made my first steps through the humongous skilltree... that's why i spent some points into the 'Mana gain on Killing Blow' skill and I think it was a mistake...
Although it is nice to get some Mana back from your foes I think I could make better use of the Skillpoints I've spent to get to it.
I'd like to hear your opinions concerning the always dwindling Mana-Reserves and how you deal with it. (Blood Magic isn't an option for this build I guess..)

My Passive-Tree so far:

He does too little damage, his lifepool is ... well.. let's say in 7 out of 10 times he doesn't instantly die if a mob coughs a bit too loud.
Any suggestions how to go on with this build?

Last edited by Fpinne on Apr 17, 2013, 10:08:15 AM
What attack skill are you focused on?

Anyway, you're still pretty low level so my advice would be to re-roll, and this time follow one of the many excellent guides available on these forums. Trying to make your own unique snowflake build is something that should only be done once you have a good understanding of the game - ie not as your first character.
My primary attackskill is Lightning-Strike, atm combined with +Weapon Ele. Dmg. and because I'm in lack of chain, also with Fork.

My second Attack-Skill is Leap-Attack, combined with Impr. Area of Effect and added fire Damage

Then I use Tempest shield and Decoy-Totem.
btw.: what's a good support gem for Tempest shield?

He survives, but that's all and I just hit cruel.. x/
"
Fpinne wrote:
My primary attackskill is Lightning-Strike, atm combined with +Weapon Ele. Dmg. and because I'm in lack of chain, also with Fork.

My second Attack-Skill is Leap-Attack, combined with Impr. Area of Effect and added fire Damage

This thread should get you started on building a budget/tanky lightning striker properly.

"
btw.: what's a good support gem for Tempest shield?

Reduced mana.
thank you for your reply!
The link to the build helped a lot :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info