Need Feedback And Guidance With My Templar Build

I am currently working on a build that I plan to try out. However, I haven't really even tried the Templar before except on short runs during races or cutthroat events. I'm curious as to whether the build that I have set up would be as efficient as I think it will be, so I need the help of you guys for feedback and guidance.

Please take a look at my build first. This is the full 100 Point spec. I already understand that I should go for a 70 Point spec and have planned the routes out already.

Lightning Templar Build
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUBAdwCcQSzBS0FWxRNGS4aOBv6HOcdFCDwJd8n7Si1KS4yCTbpOtg64TwtQKBDY0TnRtdHfk3YVElVqVXGV-JY9VnzXcZfP2BLYG1giGEhYVJlTWaeZ71qHmo7bPZuaXFNcql07Xdid-V4DXq4eu982YFvguSDOITZhO-I8Yqvi4yMBox2j0aQEZBVl7Saz5uhnYCdxJ48n8uiAKQZpKymV6eEqBipbqvFrKqsuq6TtfK3Mbc-ud2-ir6nwBrEuMT2xq7PZdBH0NDV-Nlh3fPhc-Ha4urjaudS52Ppc-w47SDvDu9O8i_yRfPd-tL9z_4K

I have stated the most IMPORTANT amounts I receive from the whole spec below -

.Base Stats
+402 Strength
+44 Dexterity
+122 Intelligence

.Spell
100% Increased Mana Regeneration Rate
6% Increased Cast Speed
40% Increased Maximum Mana
17% Reduced Mana Cost
25% To Avoid Interruption While Casting

.Defense
5% Life Regenerated Per Second
202% Increased Maximum Life
128.4% Maximum Energy Shield
224% Increased Armour
105% All Resistances [Fire, Cold, Lightning]
8% Chaos Resistance

^ I plan to cap the remaining All Resistances by Merciless only through Main Gear, and thus only concentrate on getting additional Chaos Resistance through Rings, Amulets and Belts. If say I already manage to overcap All Resistances through half of my Main Gear, it will also allow space for Chaos Resistance through the other remaining gear. End result should be 80* 80* 80* and maybe 50* Chaos Resistance by Level 75. 80* 80* 80* 80* if RNG Gods bless me with great loot or gear.

.Weapon
27% Increased Attack Speed
40% Increased Elemental Damage With Weapons
8% Increased Melee Physical Damage
2 To Melee Weapon And Unarmed Range
+80.4 Increased Melee Physical Damage

^ I have suffered greatly from not doing enough damage when using my Duelist. It takes forever to kill anything. So is this enough now?

.Everything Else
31% Increased Elemental Damage
45% Increased Shock Duration On Enemies
10% To Shock Enemies On Hit With Lightning Damage
You Take 30% Reduced Extra Damage From Critical Strikes

.Important
RESOLUTE TECHNIQUE
UNWAVERING STANCE

My plan is to use the Mace + Shield Combo as the only Weapon Set. I will still experiment with using the Stave as the second Weapon Set.

Skill Sets I plan to use are -

.Main Attack
Lightning Strike + Multistrike + Added Lightning Damage + Lightning Penetration + [2 More If I Get My 5L or 6L] Faster Attacks If I get a 5L. Pray that I get it.

.Secondary Attack
Dominating Blow + Melee Splash

.Shield
Tempest Shield + Anything Else For Added Pwnage X 2

[Auras]
Determination + Discipline + Wrath + Reduced Mana
Clarity

This is all I can post for now. Sorry for the long post though. I need good, informative feedback and replies, and the least I could do to help get those replies is to be thorough. Please help, and I thank you in advance.
Edit

.AoE Attack
Shock Nova

.EMERGENCY EXIT
Lightning Warp
Last edited by WMBRG on Apr 16, 2013, 11:36:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info