3.20.1b Patch Notes Preview

"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
hendrik16 wrote:
Still no change on the resolve mechanic?
Tried now with 3 different builds and can't even clear one floor.
Past leagues you could do the league "thing" during acts, but now you must be in maps, have a very decent dps, fast reflexes and a specific build suited for this sanctum else you can forget the whole thing.

Hope next league is for more builds.

During campaign less guards spawn in each room including these battle arenas so totems are ultra strong there, especially freeze/cold damage.
I would recommend Freezing Pulse totems and farming Sanctums in act 2 Wetlands till level 28, till you get all 4 floors completed. This way you can at least learn the different rooms and bosses and on top get some relics to make further runs easier.

Thanks , maybe I will try this also.
Now I try it with holy flame totem without any result.
Tried it also as witch with arc lightning, what was the only time I reached one time the end of the first floor - but got instantly killed by the boss.
Strange that you can get better relics on higher floors, while you need them earlier. Got only 1 relic till now with 15 extra resolve... what of course don't help a lot.
This league mechanic is certainly not the most beloved one.
Live your Life. Love your Life.
"
hendrik16 wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
hendrik16 wrote:
Still no change on the resolve mechanic?
Tried now with 3 different builds and can't even clear one floor.
Past leagues you could do the league "thing" during acts, but now you must be in maps, have a very decent dps, fast reflexes and a specific build suited for this sanctum else you can forget the whole thing.

Hope next league is for more builds.

During campaign less guards spawn in each room including these battle arenas so totems are ultra strong there, especially freeze/cold damage.
I would recommend Freezing Pulse totems and farming Sanctums in act 2 Wetlands till level 28, till you get all 4 floors completed. This way you can at least learn the different rooms and bosses and on top get some relics to make further runs easier.

Thanks , maybe I will try this also.
Now I try it with holy flame totem without any result.
Tried it also as witch with arc lightning, what was the only time I reached one time the end of the first floor - but got instantly killed by the boss.
Strange that you can get better relics on higher floors, while you need them earlier. Got only 1 relic till now with 15 extra resolve... what of course don't help a lot.
This league mechanic is certainly not the most beloved one.

You have progressed already too much IMO to make it enjoyable as this point on a 4L Holy Flame. I'm guessing you're in act 9 where already more guards spawn with lots of HP.

I would make a new low level character or multiple of them for the sole purpose to do the easier Sanctums and learn the room/bosses and to get some relics started that can drop from the floor bosses or with a lower chance from guards.

Act 2 Wetlands seems like the sweet spot for Sanctum farming as you dont waste much time to reach it. Good Luck.

This here might help if you still have problems:
https://imgur.com/a/u3FdDcv
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jan 12, 2023, 4:05:36 PM
"
gandhar0 wrote:

You have progressed already too much IMO to make it enjoyable as this point on a 4L Holy Flame. I'm guessing you're in act 9 where already more guards spawn with lots of HP.

I would make a new low level character or multiple of them for the sole purpose to do the easier Sanctums and learn the room/bosses and to get some relics started that can drop from the floor bosses or with a lower chance from guards.

Act 2 Wetlands seems like the sweet spot for Sanctum farming as you dont waste much time to reach it. Good Luck.

This here might help if you still have problems:
https://imgur.com/a/u3FdDcv

Thanks a lot for the advice.
Do you maybe also know a build guide that I can use or follow for freezing pulse totems?
Nice greetings.
Live your Life. Love your Life.
Last edited by hendrik16 on Jan 12, 2023, 5:04:46 PM
Not directly a build guide but a sample of SSF characters that use Freezing Pulse totems where you can look at their items,skill gem used and try to replicate on your new build.

Why SSF? Because on trade you only see the ultra expensive items but here you see more affordable ones and a bigger variance of item progression:

https://poe.ninja/challengessf/builds?skill=Freezing-Pulse

Some tips:

- Start as templar and ascend later to Hiero in case you want to play this character for longer. Rush Ancestral Bond for +1 extra totem & get totem dmg nearby.
- Most damage comes from gem level. So try to corrupt your freezing pulse gem to level 21 when it reaches level 20 (level 6 of them in offhand).
- Get wands/scepters/ES shields,amulets with +1 to cold gems. Wand recipe for +1: normal wand + 2 or more cold skill gems that give 40% quality in total
- spec crit nodes on passive tree so your totems freeze enemies consistently
- annoint Ironwood on amulet when you later reach maps so your totems become tanky. This way you dont need to waste lots of travel points to reach the totem cluster there. Annointing is part of Blight content.
- Spec the mana reservation cluster north from templar start node and get one big defense and offense aura: I'm using determination and zealotry. Small aura is Tempest Shield for shock immunity. Important: you will have low mana this way and you need to spec eldritch battery so you can spend ES instead. get around 500-600 ES.
-Ascendancy nodes order: 1:Extra totem, 2:endurance+power charge cluster, 3:more damage per totem cluster, 4:arcane surge cluster

That shouuld be the basics. You can look at my character for more details if you want.
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Jan 13, 2023, 5:37:59 PM
Wow, really? Lose 250 resolve?

I would absolutely rather have the original version than this one that instantly obliterates your run. The other one at least allowed you to get coins via chests, it felt like a minor affliction ... while this new one seems like a god tier one. Jeeze.... what the heck.
Cool ty. Gg Ggg.
idk why they fix that affliction, but it is still in game.
https://prnt.sc/1bVvqcL5JtXZ
Last edited by bulvinkln on Jan 13, 2023, 12:40:10 AM
mine stuck on loading screen for 3 weeks
Hello, Melee splash on Ancestral protector doesn't have a visual effect. Thank you for otherwise wonderful league!
Remove the damn "sucking" of the Sanctum area !

Sucks balls for everyone not interested in this useless season content ...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info