Am I misread or loot goblin still goes on...

...you just don't know if a rare monster is or it is not the loot goblin anymore?

I mean, what I get from the patch is that map loot gonna still sucks overall, but at some very rare point a rare monster can have a hidden "good drop" implicit on it.

Is that right?
Exiles, pffff!
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2022, 6:15:16 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
TrunksD2 wrote:
...you just don't know if a rare monster is or it is not the loot goblin anymore?

I mean, what I get from the patch is that map loot gonna still sucks overall, but at some very rare point a rare monster can have a hidden "good drop" implicit on it.

Is that right?

yeah it still exists, its just hidden now so you cant use a mf culler
Very cool mirror Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3227915
That sounds right to me.

MFers are still more desirable than ever with this new system since the system wasn't done away with, but just made more hidden. That means unless you've got an MF build, your best means of making lots of currency is still relying on content where the rewards aren't tied with monster kills and their loot such as Expedition, eldritch altars, Blight, Metamorph, etc.

Unless you're running Delirium, Abyss (why though?), or doing map completion, it feels like juicing a map is a waste of time and resources unless you're using an MF build.
PoE players: Our game has a wide diversity of builds.

Also PoE players: The [league mechanic] doesn't need to be nerfed, you just need to play a [current meta] build!

MFers found strength in their Afflictions. They became reliant on them. I am not so foolish.
Last edited by Pizzarugi on Dec 1, 2022, 7:40:56 PM
I feel like the loot goblin thing got blown way out of proportion and rarefinders are kind of taking the brunt of the hit here which isnt fair imo :<

Just remove the ability for rarity/quant builds to modify the goblin and make it scale off your map IIQ/IIR only and there you go, even a party wouldn't be able to cheese it then.

and by all means nerf mf i don't care, but nerf IIQ AND IIR equally :P
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Dec 1, 2022, 8:11:37 PM
Good, that's how Mf always worked in hack and slash games. You balance your raw character power against magic find stats to find a sweet spot where you clear fast and have reasonably high IIR and IIQ.

MF culler meta was cancer because it promoted behavior that is outside of this archetype. It promoted building specialized MF characters that don't have ANYTHING outside of magic find stats and their only damaging skill is Culling Strike. They can't kill the monster themselves, they have to come in when it's at 10% HP.
some say it's blown out of proportion? Loot globlin mechanic is shit and will be shit and will always be shit, drop change for loot should be evenly spread and not concentrated to 1 or 2 mobs.

Then that those drop chances should be boosted by how difficult this mob is. So hard mobs should drop a ton of loot (good and bad) with much more chance to get good loot.

How the fuck can it be great to reduce drops on regular mobs to 0 and just once per 100 maps a chance for some drops on a specific boring to kill mob.

I never had such horrid loot as last league, and as a mediocre and very unlucky player my loot has not been to great before that, but last league, was just shit, plain fucking shit.
Last edited by Shadeless01 on Dec 2, 2022, 6:59:20 AM
"
Shadeless01 wrote:
some say it's blown out of proportion? Loot globlin mechanic is shit and will be shit and will always be shit, drop change for loot should be evenly spread and not concentrated to 1 or 2 mobs.

So what about a mob that drops a mirror. How do you classify it? Is it a loot goblin? It is not evenly spread out over many mobs.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Esubane wrote:
Good, that's how Mf always worked in hack and slash games. You balance your raw character power against magic find stats to find a sweet spot where you clear fast and have reasonably high IIR and IIQ.

MF culler meta was cancer because it promoted behavior that is outside of this archetype. It promoted building specialized MF characters that don't have ANYTHING outside of magic find stats and their only damaging skill is Culling Strike. They can't kill the monster themselves, they have to come in when it's at 10% HP.

I do agree with you. Someone who uses MF should have more rewards per mob than someone that lacks it. It is as obvious as it is fair.

This is not the issue. People changing gear right before killing a loot goblin in order to maximize the loot is just one part of the problem, imo (if it is a problem).

The real problem -for me- is that mapping is underwhelming and unrewarding. And if loot is still concentrated in one rare mob each several maps it still gonna be like that, boring af. I truly believe that i am not the only one who thinks this way.

Moreover, although MF builds achieve better loots "per mobs", fast and strong builds used to have decent loot returns over time, since they kill more mobs per minute. This is just not true anymore. Mapping barely payoffs itself.

So unless drop ratio gets better and also embraces strong and fast builds, cause they do deserve, PoE gonna still be a nope for me.

Cheers.

Exiles, pffff!
Last edited by TrunksD2 on Dec 2, 2022, 11:27:47 AM
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Shadeless01 wrote:

So what about a mob that drops a mirror. How do you classify it? Is it a loot goblin? It is not evenly spread out over many mobs.

tbh i dun care how you call it, as long that loot is not shared with divines, chaos and other shit on that 1 and only same mob.
"
Shadeless01 wrote:
tbh i dun care how you call it, as long that loot is not shared with divines, chaos and other shit on that 1 and only same mob.

You clearly have no idea how loot works. Heist chests had the best rewards this league. Does this mean that everyone would get more divine in maps if Heist gets removed? No of course it doesn't.
"Lootgoblins" and mirror drops are basically the same. They don't take anything away from your regular drop pool.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info