Melee splash in the tree change

Some feedback here before the league even starts, i like the change i think it makes it easier and its gonna help with melee quality of life in general BUT its huge cost skill point wise if your playing shadow.

Last time i checked GGG gives you viper strike as a starter skill suggesting that the shadow should be viable for melee builds, well for melee to be good with melee u have to get a node on the exact opposite side of the tree.

The change is good just maybe change the node placement a little or make it available in the attack mastery like some one already suggested, it would make the skill more accessible in "gladiator's perseverance" for example.
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2022, 9:14:45 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
bump
+1

Assassin is in dogshit state right now. I mean bottom feeder...especially poison variant
I agree. Put it on attack mastery and put a wheel like Gladiator's Perseverance by all the claw and dagger stuff so that it's at least within a dream of Witch, and reasonable to get to for the Shadow.
I agree, it should be in a better place on the tree. There aren't even any attack mastery nodes in the top side of the tree anywhere either.
If only there was a way to anoint a node onto a jewellery slot :(
"
plaguefear wrote:

Last I checked you can't annoint a mastery point, did they put this in the patch notes?
"
innervation wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:

Last I checked you can't annoint a mastery point, did they put this in the patch notes?
It is not a mastery, its a key node, +1 strikes moved to mastery and was replaced by melee splash.
"
plaguefear wrote:
"
innervation wrote:
"
plaguefear wrote:

It is not a mastery, its a key node, +1 strikes moved to mastery and was replaced by melee splash.

Fair enough then. Sucks for off meta players but lets be real, there have always been great annointables in obnoxious spots for different classes. Prismatic Skin (before every slice got their own +1 max res), Whispers of Doom, Constitution.

But, in defense of wanting splash in more places, consider that 'melee' covers a broad enough swath of the game to justify being in at least two places on the tree.

In the same way that 'everyone wants max res' so they made 3 notables for it, every class but witch has reasonable melee affinities, therefore its reasonable for them to make 2 melee splash wheels + notables, maybe one with an increased AoE flavor between Templar and Marauder and another with an attack speed flavor between Duelist and Ranger.
Just because u can anoint it doesn't mean its a good option, if a new players comes into the game the skill tree is daunting enough as is, he shouldn't have to check the wiki to know that he can get a CORE node by other means if he wants to playr melee.

And by the way the starting skill that they give the shadow is a strike melee skill, it doesn't make much sense that its so hard to reach for the shadow.

It should be somewhere between the archer and duelist since the tree direction for the marauder is slam stuff with 2H weapons which have splash by default.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info