"Toothless" Mode When?

10000x IIQ/IIR
Auction House
Less RNG

Hardcore players have their normal Poe, streamers have their ruthless mode. Only fair to give the casuals their very own mode.
Last bumped on Nov 30, 2022, 9:29:49 AM
*Sigh*
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I would be more interested in a "crafting only mode".

You never find magic, rare or unique items but you can find more crafting material and can use better crafting options.

You must craft everything yourself.
"
Jadawin87 wrote:

You never find magic, rare or unique items but you can find more crafting material and can use better crafting options.

That's actually an interesting idea.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
I mean his numeric values might be odd by really why do we have a super hardcore mode and not a super casual mode?

That seems like a fair and reasonable question.
"
hasatt0 wrote:
10000x IIQ/IIR
Auction House
Less RNG

Hardcore players have their normal Poe, streamers have their ruthless mode. Only fair to give the casuals their very own mode.

Btw this "Toothless" will rip many characters, just imagine you run in map, attack monsters and full screen in loot, you can't see anything and something rip you.
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Jadawin87 wrote:

At the risk of being 'that guy', that's basically OG Harvest is it not? Every craft I saw a thread on started with the following two steps:

Find an iLvl XX base on trade site.

Scour it

Then do whatever it takes to get it ready for the harvest bench, which was usually fossil, essence, harvest or alteration orb based.
"
trixxar wrote:
I mean his numeric values might be odd by really why do we have a super hardcore mode and not a super casual mode?

That seems like a fair and reasonable question.

Because ruthless is a side-project that wouldn't exist without the free time of devs spent. Nobody cares if ruthless is awesome or balanced or has issues. It's just an optional mode for an extremely small subset of players. It wouldn't even be available to the public if those few players didn't ask for it.

Something like that wouldn't work for an official easymode at all. The amount of resources that would have to go into that would grind the rest of the game to a halt for multiple leagues. We've all seen the reddit complaint garbagery this league with players screaming and whining for the sake of screaming and whining. Just imagine that every single time something feels slightly off for a few players. Sounds fun, right?
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
Jadawin87 wrote:

You wouldn't be surprised to hear I proposed this way back during beta. The true potential of GGG's crafting currency innovation has never been realised (Descent came close), and likely never will be. I think it's tragic how crafting currency has become, well, just currency for the most part. GGG stumbled onto the most amazing, practical form of currency, one with genuine function rather than abstract value, and failed to take advantage of it, instead letting their game turn into a far less interesting loot fest so out of control it needs extensive filtering.

Funny how Last Epoch picked up on this and actually does deliver in that regard: white items are the best starting point for the powerful gear you want to craft; magical and onwards are, in my limited experience, good for shattering and salvaging mods for said crafting.

"
innervation wrote:

At the risk of being 'that guy', that's basically OG Harvest is it not? Every craft I saw a thread on started with the following two steps:

Find an iLvl XX base on trade site.

Scour it

Then do whatever it takes to get it ready for the harvest bench, which was usually fossil, essence, harvest or alteration orb based.

Sure, but only at the upper end. Not quite the same as making it the standard from the beginning of the game/mode. 'Scouring' a high ilevel item of its found properties and capitalising on its core level to create a 'legendary' item is a completely different feeling to 'finding' a non-magical item and being able to play with it from there crafting/gambling-wise. To be honest, what you've described just sounds like a currency dump.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 27, 2022, 5:02:48 AM
"

You wouldn't be surprised to hear I proposed this way back during beta. The true potential of GGG's crafting currency innovation has never been realised (Descent came close), and likely never will be. I think it's tragic how crafting currency has become, well, just currency for the most part. GGG stumbled onto the most amazing, practical form of currency, one with genuine function rather than abstract value, and failed to take advantage of it, instead letting their game turn into a far less interesting loot fest so out of control it needs extensive filtering.

What? Crafting currency is absolutly fine and you can use it true potential playing SSF, instead of cutting fun for super easy (trade) mod.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info