Will ruthless help balance the game?

"
Phrazz wrote:
No matter what people think, I don't think Ruthless will have much effect on the core game, neither positive or negative. The hope, of course - as you mention, is that Ruthless will indirectly highlight some balance issues, but I doubt it. And I don't think any of the skills you mention are in need of a nerf. But A LOT of skills are in desperate need of buffs.

+2 aoe to all skills
+2 range to all melee

there game is now balanced and fixed

winning
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
Buffs across the board on curses do look like something that wouldn't have happened without Ruthless mode though.
I kinda like the amount of loot that drops in ruthless, now they just need to find a way to increase the quality of said loot, drop it well rolled with atleast 3 high tier mods or something plus make the rarer currency a bit more common.
"
Feanturo wrote:
I kinda like the amount of loot that drops in ruthless, now they just need to find a way to increase the quality of said loot, drop it well rolled with atleast 3 high tier mods or something plus make the rarer currency a bit more common.

Huh? It ought to be poorly rolled. Players are trivially getting gear good enough to clear white maps to the point where we're gated by a lack of map drops - not an inability to do the content based on gem/gear power.
"
Will ruthless help balance the game?

Yes. Now when the tryhards come here to demand nerfs, we can kindly point them to Ruthless so they'll leave the rest of us alone. I love it for that alone.
ruthless was a side project where one of the GGG employees been working on on their free time this wont affect core game at all
Ruthless is half baked, lets hope it has no influence on the main game.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
I think with all the issues we have now and POE2 on the horizon, I think Ruthless is a distraction we don't need, whether it is taking up dev time or not.

They need to give us the base game the vast majority of people actually want.
"
Gopstop22 wrote:
ruthless was a side project where one of the GGG employees been working on on their free time this wont affect core game at all

I'm not sure equating the most Senior Leadership positions at GGG including CW himself, "one of the GGG employees", hits at the significance of what's happening here.

It's clearly a window into their thoughts on the development direction of PoE as we move towards PoE 4.0; A literal physical manifestation of their concerns on the current PoE Meta.

Even on a subconscious level, there are going to be changes that bleed into the core game. I personally believe it will be far more tangible than that, and they will always be able to fall back on that line in the FAQ, and I'm paraphrasing a bit here with regards to Ruthless balance coming to core PoE "if we felt something was good for the core game, we would just implement it there"

Fact is Ruthless never had to be made public. It could have just been an in-house thing, but it appears ego won out. To believe Ruthless means nothing for PoE, and that the involvement of high level staff doesn't impact development strategy moving forward...well that's some serious copium.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Gopstop22 wrote:

I'm not sure equating the most Senior Leadership positions at GGG including CW himself, "one of the GGG employees", hits at the significance of what's happening here.

It's clearly a window into their thoughts on the development direction of PoE as we move towards PoE 4.0; A literal physical manifestation of their concerns on the current PoE Meta.

Even on a subconscious level, there are going to be changes that bleed into the core game. I personally believe it will be far more tangible than that, and they will always be able to fall back on that line in the FAQ, and I'm paraphrasing a bit here with regards to Ruthless balance coming to core PoE "if we felt something was good for the core game, we would just implement it there"

Fact is Ruthless never had to be made public. It could have just been an in-house thing, but it appears ego won out. To believe Ruthless means nothing for PoE, and that the involvement of high level staff doesn't impact development strategy moving forward...well that's some serious copium.

dude literally one of their employees decided to make this in his free time for the past 2 years it wasnt entire GGG company on this stop smoking copium

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info