4 Characters lv81, 85, 90, 95 in Mayhem and no prize. While other with 1 character get 2-3 rewards?

"
trixxar wrote:
Everyone defends GGGs obsession with RNG when they are winning the prizes, but then act stunned at how bad RNG trash feels when they aren't.

People really underappreciate how terrible results can be obtained by being at the bottom 2 % quantile of a probability distribution, especially when combined with a low chance to succeed to begin with.
Last edited by Xyel on Nov 21, 2022, 4:10:45 AM
Exactly how a lottery works......
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
If you really want character effects, the the countless hours you put into those 4 chars, work instead, and buy them.

I mean, I participate in events for the mystery box, thats just 2 hours casual gameplay til 50 on a nice evening where I have nothing else to do, but push characters like that for MTX that u might not get... you´re setting yourself up for failure like that.
"
RedLion_Harv wrote:
Spoiler
For the record, I'm happy for anyone who played the events and get rewards. I also understand it's a random thing, so I should not have any high hope to win any prizes and just enjoy the events as they are.

However, I found many prizes for these late events ticking many of my boxes, so as the title says, I tried my best to increase my chance of winning any prize possible by getting multiple characters to certain levels, as recommended by GGG themselves in the announcement.

To my disappointment, I didn't get any "prize winning message". For a short while I thought "Well, that sucks but I guess it's my luck!". Until I found out from Reddit that there are people who only played one character to lv85 or 90, and they still got multiple rewards. While many players like me who tried their best to level up multiple characters just get absolutely nothing.

Again, I really do feel happy for the winners, those rewards alone sure can make any players decide to play the next leagues. I just can't understand the prize winner picking process that GGG applied to have such some what "unfair" result.

I can't help but feel extremely discouraging, thinking I could've played and quit early with the unfair mayhem mods then I would feel better than now whether I would win anything or not.

I don't know if this is just me venting out of disappointment but I hope GGG find this thread because I don't find it being spoken out enough.

If you go all out you may want to try for a weak #1 Ascendancy (Assassin maybe) in SSFHC which gives a guaranteed reward. And if you fail you can still get a lucky RNG MTX reward. Anyway that way results correlate more with your own effort and ability. You are no longer helplessly dependent on the gods of RNG.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Meanwhile every other normal player pokes into the events just for fun and not for the chance to win a unlimited skin, or to grab a free mtx box containing something you might prob don't even use.
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
"
I also understand it's a random thing

Do you?

-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Nov 21, 2022, 11:11:35 AM
I'm sorry, but as someone who cannot do that in a single week, how did you do that?

INB4 stereotypical nerd mancave with redbull and pizza no life gamer style.
"
trixxar wrote:
Everyone defends GGGs obsession with RNG when they are winning the prizes, but then act stunned at how bad RNG trash feels when they aren't.

I haven't seen many people defending the amount of RNG PoE has. There's maybe one or two "usual" suspects on these forums. People explaining what "random" is, and explaining PoE's "RNG nature" without whining, aren't "defending", they are... Well... Explaining.

Me? Well, I ABSOLUTELY defend the idea of basing an ARPG on RNG, as 99% of all ARPGs are. I do not defend the amount of RNG in PoE.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
You knew the way the prizes were being given. You knew it was random. You tried to slant the odds in your favor with multiple characters. It didn't work out.

But you know why it happened; that's why you rolled multiple characters. That's just how it goes. Better luck in the next event.
Last edited by Nubatron on Nov 21, 2022, 12:08:38 PM
It feels like shit, but that's rng for ya. You're bound to win something at some point in one of these events. Gl lad!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info