4 Characters lv81, 85, 90, 95 in Mayhem and no prize. While other with 1 character get 2-3 rewards?

For the record, I'm happy for anyone who played the events and get rewards. I also understand it's a random thing, so I should not have any high hope to win any prizes and just enjoy the events as they are.

However, I found many prizes for these late events ticking many of my boxes, so as the title says, I tried my best to increase my chance of winning any prize possible by getting multiple characters to certain levels, as recommended by GGG themselves in the announcement.

To my disappointment, I didn't get any "prize winning message". For a short while I thought "Well, that sucks but I guess it's my luck!". Until I found out from Reddit that there are people who only played one character to lv85 or 90, and they still got multiple rewards. While many players like me who tried their best to level up multiple characters just get absolutely nothing.

Again, I really do feel happy for the winners, those rewards alone sure can make any players decide to play the next leagues. I just can't understand the prize winner picking process that GGG applied to have such some what "unfair" result.

I can't help but feel extremely discouraging, thinking I could've played and quit early with the unfair mayhem mods then I would feel better than now whether I would win anything or not.

I don't know if this is just me venting out of disappointment but I hope GGG find this thread because I don't find it being spoken out enough.
Last bumped on Nov 26, 2022, 4:33:26 AM
"
RedLion_Harv wrote:
I just can't understand the prize winner picking process that GGG applied to have such some what "unfair" result.

It's almost like the winners are picked at random but maybe it would feel less shit for people who missed out if they restricted it to 1 prize per account.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Nov 20, 2022, 10:45:16 AM
This is one of the points I'm trying to make.

Imagine being player A who still want to play and support the game even though it has been going through some tough patches that gave the game the lowest retention rate ever. Who play all these events till their last minutes just to receive absolutely nothing from the prize pool.

While player B who played till they're bored and quit, which can occur 5 hours into the event (especially with Mayhem and all those stupid mods), are the one who are "randomly picked" multiple times for multiple rewards.

Extremely discouraging imo. Every player A next time will surely just played any other events for like 5-8 hours then quit cuz they know it would be meaningless if they do more. I certainly hope this is not GGG's intention with these events.
"
RedLion_Harv wrote:
I just can't understand the prize winner picking process that GGG applied to have such some what "unfair" result.

You don't understand the process itself, or you don't understand why they are using said process? Because it is pretty easy to understand; it's called "random". And as long as something is random, there will be lucky people and there will be unlucky people. There's no rocket science here.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
RedLion_Harv wrote:
4 Characters lv81, 85, 90, 95 in Mayhem and no prize.

That's a lie. You won at least 1 Mystery Box.
"
RedLion_Harv wrote:
To my disappointment, I didn't get any "prize winning message". For a short while I thought "Well, that sucks but I guess it's my luck!". Until I found out from Reddit that there are people who only played one character to lv85 or 90, and they still got multiple rewards. While many players like me who tried their best to level up multiple characters just get absolutely nothing.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probability

Nothing new, here. The old race rewards were much the same. Sometimes you wouldn't get anything. other times (and it happened to me more often than you'd expect) you might get two or even three prizes... at random.

GGG is breaking no promises here. Things are working exactly as they said they would. Reach a threshold, get a chance at a reward. Is this optimal? That might be up for debate. But when you played under the openly stated terms, you accepted them. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
Every time...lol.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.
Just got to lvl.50 and no expectations for more than the freebie. Last yeard did the mistake to go for lvl.90 in all events...
Everyone defends GGGs obsession with RNG when they are winning the prizes, but then act stunned at how bad RNG trash feels when they aren't.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info