Another Senior player quitting

Cya in the next league.
Last edited by SpaniardPuss on Nov 20, 2022, 10:53:26 AM
When I hear 'senior' as a way to describe somebody who shouldn't be doing what they're doing and saying it when they know they shouldn't be doing what they're doing, I think, "They've got their dead cat buried in the garden with a headstone with the name 'Tiddles'".
"
lupasvasile wrote:
Listening to player feedback is why we are in this mess. Honestly, why can't people let the experts do what they do best. Not to say experts can't produce bad results, but I'd rather let someone with knowledge and experience develop a game rather than a random guy behind a screen.

Whenever GGG introduced something new to the game, there were always hordes of self proclaimed game devs that found faults with it. And GGG, trying to please them, turned the game into what it is today. I honestly thought that with Archnemesis, GGG finally got their game back, but no....the slef proclaimed game devs ruined that too.

Doesn't matter who quits, the players dictating the direction of the game is what will never make it shine again. POE is not GGG's game anymore, and that's what is ruining it.
What a terrible take. Obviously player feedback goes one way or another into the game but ultimately GGG is at fault. It was their decision to give us ever increasing power after 2.2 - and it suited them well because they enjoyed the growth, retention and income this new influx of players brought. I remember it well, D3 RoS became stale around that time and the previously slow and clunky PoE suddenly offered a nice alternative. I highly doubt the PoE of old would have attracted a wider audience past a certain point, much less gather the interest of Tencent. Patch 2.2 to 3.13 was nice while it lasted but ultimately not the game they wanted to make.

With the new campaign and systems around the corner they get the chance to fix that. It is only natural to cause friction amongst the playerbase because simply transition from product A to product B doesn't work. They have to find a middle ground and in a game with so many convulated systems this is a very delicate process.

Naturally you'll piss people off on the way and have to find compromises. At the end of the day this is a business and not, unlike some might believe, a project of pure passion and goodwill.
Last edited by Ulsarek on Nov 20, 2022, 11:05:52 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
mimlie wrote:
I wish so so so so badly that you would have listened to your players when they gave you feedback

So, we would have full fletched Harvest, an automated auction house, pickup pets, no RNG, instant leech and so on. You and me both know that the customer isn't always right. So you're thread is more or less just saying "I'm leaving" with no real feedback what so ever.

Please give some valid feedback, or else this thread is just some "feel sorry for me" thread.

Maybe I'm being too hard on you, Sir. I haven't had my coffee yet.

*sips cappuccino*

Not too hard at all, Sir. Quite mild, in fact. Perhaps a small typo, but you can rest assured it will be notched up to the lack of coffee.

*sips more cappuccino*

@OP: Should you find a better ARPG be as kind as to let us know, and the best to you, wherever you will go!

Edit: A typo in the mention of ... a typo.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
Last edited by kaepae on Nov 20, 2022, 11:36:02 AM
in the last 11 years, poe's development neihter went in the direction i wanted it to go.

some, me included, say it's bad but WE are very few i guess
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
lupasvasile wrote:
Listening to player feedback is why we are in this mess. Honestly, why can't people let the experts do what they do best. Not to say experts can't produce bad results, but I'd rather let someone with knowledge and experience develop a game rather than a random guy behind a screen.

Whenever GGG introduced something new to the game, there were always hordes of self proclaimed game devs that found faults with it. And GGG, trying to please them, turned the game into what it is today. I honestly thought that with Archnemesis, GGG finally got their game back, but no....the slef proclaimed game devs ruined that too.

Doesn't matter who quits, the players dictating the direction of the game is what will never make it shine again. POE is not GGG's game anymore, and that's what is ruining it.

what s your thoughts on ruthless ? and who chose to introduce harvest ?
Last edited by SerialF on Nov 20, 2022, 11:35:45 AM
"
mimlie wrote:
Hi my dear GGG.

I've been painfully loyal for 11 years to your awesome game. I can't follow u anymore. This is becoming a pain to play for me. I wish so so so so badly that you would have listened to your players when they gave you feedback, but sadly it is not the case. For all the twits that will say i should stay gone or that i should learn how to play, sincerely f* you :) I will still follow the developments, but it will need to REALLY OVERALL change. I'm really sad to write this message, but it has to end. Hopefully you will somehow realize that you are losing the people that follow you for a decade!!

Loved you much,

Émilie a.k.a Geckoplacebo a.k.a Mimlie .

We all know you will be back @ league launch.
"
SerialF wrote:
"
lupasvasile wrote:

what s your thoughts on ruthless ? and who chose to introduce harvest ?

Ruthless is a great idea. Although it's for a super niche audience, it actually tries to make the game a GAME.

I never liked Harvest anyway. Honestly, the game can go about without it. I have no idea who's idea it was, and honestly I hope those people don't do it again.
Last edited by lupasvasile on Nov 20, 2022, 12:44:03 PM
"
Phrazz wrote:

Please give some valid feedback, or else this thread is just some "feel sorry for me" thread.

Yes. Worth noting: players like Wrecker of Days made a goodbye thread, but it was to thank the community. Others make a goodbye thread and offer concrete feedback. This is just...idk what this is, but it's the reason people are being hard on the post.

Also, as someone pointed out, they're in the middle of a series of manifestos, and we're pre patch notes, it seems like one might want to wait for evidence that 'they're listening' before quitting over them not listening.
Last edited by innervation on Nov 20, 2022, 1:56:54 PM
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info