Alt Arts drop in value for the first time sice beta :O

I wonder why, any ideas?
Div to ex change? Nah, that should actually provoke oposite situation and make alt arts even more valuable.
I mean, we do not know what GGG can do in near future with orbs. Maybe increase drop rate of divines or change to other currency or anything else.
In such not stabilised market, every1 should stock on items that are very limited (like AA but not only them) instead of stocking on currency that can lose value fast.
Strange

Last bumped on Nov 24, 2022, 3:01:10 AM
Guessing its just cause people had thousands of exalts in standard, but maybe fewer divines because there was no good reason to stockpile them.

Do AA have any inherent value, except to collectors who like AA?

Then again not sure anything else is better.

HH and MB can be nerfed, mirror tier items can be outdone by future content and become worthless, currency can shift.

Legacy uniques seem pretty good. I still remember selling my 1000 hp Kaom's for peanuts...
It is very simple. The main reason of it happening is all you trade guys are continuously undercutting eachother in Standard.

Also anything in Standard hardly sells. It is what we call a saturated market. There is practically no demand for any item.

Also it is true there are quite a few collectors but most of them are poor and hence can't afford.

Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
There is a multitude of reasons.

1) GGG destroyed Standard with the introduction of Harvest. Let me explain, yes there was a second renaissance in item crafting which gave rise to the best mirror-tier items possible. But the economy became flooded with too much goodness at a too fast pace. These days it is so saturated, most people can not sell non-consumable items and can't acquire the means to buy something else.

2) Divine-Exalted swap can not be underestimated. Exalted orbs were hoarded, divines consumed. Some time will it require to build up a feasible amount of the defacto currency in Standard. And yes it is true that GGG can change functionalities, drop rates and recipes, most players are still brainwashed in accumulating as much e-gold as possible.

3) Price fixers on shady accounts. Three years ago some people were listing stuff low on purpose, so they could restock cheaply. Not sure this is the case today but it wouldn't surprise me it does play a role.

The last days there is a guy selling a legacy kaom's heart + demigod sword for 2 mir total in Standard and no one is biting. He did get other item offers.

Standard will evolve to an economy where players will barter item for item. Collectors will trade items like cards in real life. Mogul traders on the other hand will get the short end of the stick because they did not get those items for a collection but rather to make a quick buck.
Heart of Purity

Allright, thx for your opinions but

"
Reinhart wrote:

Standard will evolve to an economy where players will barter item for item. Collectors will trade items like cards in real life.

Then why players do not stock on alt arts, foils or i don't know some legacys maybe instead of hoarding currency? That seems more reasonable.
In real life when we got some crisis ppl stock on gold and any other valuable goods, we got not clear situation here in game, best solution i think stock on limited items.

Last edited by Kingoko on Nov 12, 2022, 2:56:39 AM
"
Then why players do not stock on alt arts, foil

Why you think there is no people to do it?
This is the start of forum signature: I am not a GGG employee. About the username: Did you know Kowloon Gundam is made in Neo Hong Kong?

quote from the first page: "Please post one thread per issue, and check the forum for similar posts first"

This is the end of forum signature
"
Kingoko wrote:
Allright, thx for your opinions but

"
Reinhart wrote:

Standard will evolve to an economy where players will barter item for item. Collectors will trade items like cards in real life.

Then why players do not stock on alt arts, foils or i don't know some legacys maybe instead of hoarding currency? That seems more reasonable.
In real life when we got some crisis ppl stock on gold and any other valuable goods, we got not clear situation here in game, best solution i think stock on limited items.

I guess the playerbase is quite illiterate when it comes to finances.

In real life if your goal is to make a lot of money, you put it in stocks during a bull market. However I have seen many people take huge financial losses by buying at the wrong time. There is an inherent risk to stocks. (Also the stock market naturally has winners and losers as it is more or less a zero-sum game).

Although banks do not like it, precious metals are much more of a safe haven than cash. They keep their value over the long term where currencies rise and fall and eventually disappear. In this game economy: race rewards/foils are the equivalent of gold/silver/platinum but many players are just not aware of this. Like I already mentioned most are literally brainwashed to hoard currencies even if the risk exists to lose it all. Evidence being people hoarding exalts in the past.

So to answer your question: most people are not too logical. And a reasoning that sounds logical to you, might not even form in someone else.

P.S.: Something that also needs to be taken into consideration is heavy rmt where people favour currencies as these can be sold easier I guess for real money. If GGG would actually stop this, currencies would have a less favourible spot.
Heart of Purity

There is a clear-cut reason why aas are dropping in price right now. During the race reward discussion it was implicitly stated that there won't be a cross league skin transer any time soon (if at all). Many (prospective) aa owners speculated that the value of their aas would increase if such a transfer becomes available. That option is gone now, hence the value of aas decreases.

In contrast to statements made in this thread the market in PoE is pretty reasonable and efficient in standard. Just look at how fast the div-ex switch led to new, rather stable, exchange rates. And that is with a huge stock of both currencies in standard.

Since it was brought up here: another reason why not to invest everything in aas is liquidity. It just takes time to find someone to buy that specific aa you want to get rid of at a specific point in time which is a pain if you need mirrors quick for another trade.
"
Faendris wrote:
There is a clear-cut reason why aas are dropping in price right now. During the race reward discussion it was implicitly stated that there won't be a cross league skin transer any time soon (if at all). Many (prospective) aa owners speculated that the value of their aas would increase if such a transfer becomes available. That option is gone now, hence the value of aas decreases.

I personally don't care too much but the writing was on the wall for a long time. ZiggyD asked for it years ago and it never came into fruitation. Most of these race rewards don't even have 3D art anyway. That says enough: GGG openly despises their own old race events and don't care too much about their old supporters/racers. The reason why we haven't seen a season in 6 years. The last one was Talisman during the summer of 2016.

"
Faendris wrote:

In contrast to statements made in this thread the market in PoE is pretty reasonable and efficient in standard. Just look at how fast the div-ex switch led to new, rather stable, exchange rates. And that is with a huge stock of both currencies in standard.

Since it was brought up here: another reason why not to invest everything in aas is liquidity. It just takes time to find someone to buy that specific aa you want to get rid of at a specific point in time which is a pain if you need mirrors quick for another trade.

All these rates are heavily influenced by rmt-botters. There is no real independent game economy when real money influences it soo much. The liquidity of chaos/ex/divine is because of liquidity of real money.
Heart of Purity

"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Faendris wrote:

All these rates are heavily influenced by rmt-botters. There is no real independent game economy when real money influences it soo much. The liquidity of chaos/ex/divine is because of liquidity of real money.

I am not entirely convinced, yet. In order to have a significant impact on the high end market you would have to hold an extremly high value (as in 3-digit amount of mirrors) in a single account. That seems awfully risky for a botter. I consider it much more likely that the high end market is moved by players that have pumped and dumped the legacy item market in standard for a couple of years.
Last edited by Faendris on Nov 12, 2022, 3:21:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info