3.21 Champion of the Armageddon brands

Righteous fire is something you can only activate after you get at least some gear with increased life recovery or regeneration and at around 80 to 85% fire resistance. You can get there quite easily by running purity of fire and then using the cheaper eldritch currency to roll +1 resist on boots and +1 (to 3) fire res on chest. Still, righteous fire is not something you can easily run at lower levels with leveling gear. While leveling I mostly leave it disabled and from time to time I check if my current gear/lvl allows me to run it. You won't really need it until later in the map progression anyway.

As for zealotry
I can activate it because I use the "Divine Blessing support" gem. This causes it to become a timed buff instead of a permanent aura so you do need to recast it from time to time and instead of reserving mana it costs mana on each cast so you do need a high enough pool to be able to cast it. As you've already reserved (most) of your mana you can't cast it without the combination with Eldritch battery (helmet) which causes energy shield to be spent instead of mana with this, if your ES pool is high enough you will be able to cast it. You will need some energy shield though.

At earlier levels you could get the eldritch battery talent on the tree and respec that later, it will be around 5 extra talent points from where you would be around level 40/45.
You can keep the cost lower by skipping the increased duration support as that is just a quality of life. The increased mana reservation efficiency also works to reduce the cost as it's based on how much mana it would reserve.

In your particular case I can't quickly see as to why you wouldn't be able to cast zealotry, maybe you lack some ES? is it's cost higher then your ES? if so you could remove the duration support for the time being
Last edited by FMCspriggan on Dec 20, 2022, 7:02:43 PM
Thanks for the detailed reply.

I got my ES to 1100ish last night and got zealotry to work. I will follow your recommendations regards rightous fire and will see if i can activate it when i start picking up the more life regen modes.

Got some half decent gear on it already but cannot find a watchers eye same as yours.

Thanks again and great fun build to play.
Great to hear you like it and you are welcome for the replies,

Finding gear has been difficult all league and especially near the end it might become cumbersome as there are not many sellers online indeed.

As for a watchers eye, mine was mainly relatively cheap (1div at the time) and I had the same issue of life regen but as the only unique you really want is the devouring diadem you can solve all of your other issues in various ways :)
It's now a few days in to the new league and nothing seems to be changed for this build.

The jewels we want (but don't necessarily need) are still there and the curse changes keep our boss dps roughly the same so all good :)
Hi all,

This league I am playing this build again with only some small differences on gear and talents. It's my first time ever of achieving a 100% atlas clear up to and including "The feared" giving me all atlas favorite slots AND talents.

Also experimented with different league mechanics and it's able to do all of them well. Updated the build with variant 2 link which is the exact gear I am using right now.

The build guide guide applies to the second version as well with the only difference being not targeting 90% all resistances.
"
FMCspriggan wrote:
Hi all,

This league I am playing this build again with only some small differences on gear and talents. It's my first time ever of achieving a 100% atlas clear up to and including "The feared" giving me all atlas favorite slots AND talents.

Also experimented with different league mechanics and it's able to do all of them well. Updated the build with variant 2 link which is the exact gear I am using right now.

The build guide guide applies to the second version as well with the only difference being not targeting 90% all resistances.

Looks a interesting build.. i was close to start EA balista champion.. but now im curious about that one... do you think the brand version is faster than EA balita?? it is tankier or more DPS??? how could you compare both builds by notr count the gameplay stile..

thx alot
Hi, I got to admit that I don't really know the AE ballista build so a side by side compare is hard to do.

When grouping I am always easily one of the fastest map clearers so compared to other build's I'd say it's great clearspeed wise. You will be 1shotting everything on a map with the exception of map bosses and some of the thougher uniques like deli bosses or stuff like that. Currently I am around 2mil pinnacle dps so they do only take between 5 and 20sec based on map modifiers.
Maven fight is the longest fight of all for me and that takes about 3 to 5 minutes at my current gear levels. Saving for 20 more devines so I can go for awakened empower and some other upgrades to my rings and amulet so I can nearly double my damage.

Tankwise, it reguarly happens that I am the only one left standing in a map wondering where the rest of party is before realizing they died so I guess that's a good indicator. With my current gear which is around the 10div mark there is nothing on a well rolled (100%+ qual) t16 map that can kill me. On bosses like maven or elder etc you do still get some damage so you do need to dodge every 1 out of 3 abilities or so, but it's no problem at all getting hit just once or twice. I facetank most things until I notice they actually do some damage and might be able to kill me if I don't move a bit but I'll always have time to respond.
On Sirus, the "die" beam, you can just take all 3 head on.
It's easily one of the tankier builds out there and basically the only thing that can ruin your day is poorly rolled eldritch altars that destroy your defenses or regeneration.

In combat currently I am at around 5200hp with 90% fire, 82%cold, 81%Lightning, and 77% chaos resistance. Armor is at around 70k now with the +20% flask up, and on top of that I have fortify and pantheons that reduce some damage taken. Also running a watchers eye that transfers some of the physical damage taken to fire damage, and I have endurance charges up. All in all it's really a lot of defenses and they are always there and unlike RNG based defenses like dodge, block or evade which work 80% of the time and then let a heavy hit trough once in a while. If you really wanted to then the gearing leaves room for going for spell suppression as well but I really don't feel the need for that personally. You could also sacrifice some dps and go for a shield setup to further increase defenses or go for block mechanics, didn't look in to that part yet

The other upside about it only uses the helmet as kind of required item you can freely switch around the rest. The other items just fill in basic needs so you can choose focus more tankyness or dps whatever you prefer. Right now I choose to have a good balance where I can just run any map
Last edited by FMCspriggan on Dec 23, 2022, 12:01:09 PM
"
FMCspriggan wrote:
Hi, I got to admit that I don't really know the AE ballista build so a side by side compare is hard to do.

When grouping I am always easily one of the fastest map clearers so compared to other build's I'd say it's great clearspeed wise. You will be 1shotting everything on a map with the exception of map bosses and some of the thougher uniques like deli bosses or stuff like that. Currently I am around 2mil pinnacle dps so they do only take between 5 and 20sec based on map modifiers.
Maven fight is the longest fight of all for me and that takes about 3 to 5 minutes at my current gear levels. Saving for 20 more devines so I can go for awakened empower and some other upgrades to my rings and amulet so I can nearly double my damage.

Tankwise, it reguarly happens that I am the only one left standing in a map wondering where the rest of party is before realizing they died so I guess that's a good indicator. With my current gear which is around the 10div mark there is nothing on a well rolled (100%+ qual) t16 map that can kill me. On bosses like maven or elder etc you do still get some damage so you do need to dodge every 1 out of 3 abilities or so, but it's no problem at all getting hit just once or twice. I facetank most things until I notice they actually do some damage and might be able to kill me if I don't move a bit but I'll always have time to respond.
On Sirus, the "die" beam, you can just take all 3 head on.
It's easily one of the tankier builds out there and basically the only thing that can ruin your day is poorly rolled eldritch altars that destroy your defenses or regeneration.

In combat currently I am at around 5200hp with 90% fire, 82%cold, 81%Lightning, and 77% chaos resistance. Armor is at around 70k now with the +20% flask up, and on top of that I have fortify and pantheons that reduce some damage taken. Also running a watchers eye that transfers some of the physical damage taken to fire damage, and I have endurance charges up. All in all it's really a lot of defenses and they are always there and unlike RNG based defenses like dodge, block or evade which work 80% of the time and then let a heavy hit trough once in a while. If you really wanted to then the gearing leaves room for going for spell suppression as well but I really don't feel the need for that personally. You could also sacrifice some dps and go for a shield setup to further increase defenses or go for block mechanics, didn't look in to that part yet

The other upside about it only uses the helmet as kind of required item you can freely switch around the rest. The other items just fill in basic needs so you can choose focus more tankyness or dps whatever you prefer. Right now I choose to have a good balance where I can just run any map

Thx alot man, thatr is a really good informatiom... now im more confuse if i should try EA balista or your build haha

And what should i use until i cant biy a empower gem??
Last edited by andrelb1 on Dec 23, 2022, 2:52:04 PM
Hey, At the moment I got empowered fire pen and elemental focus, for those you can just use the regular ones until you can afford the awakened versions.

Awakened Empower only becomes interesting at level 3 or above (lvl 4 for the normal one), before that cruelty grants more damage.
I am using Cruelty as an alternative right now.

On paper arcane surge or especially inspiration would be even better but the eldritch battery from the diadem makes us spend energy shield which does not count as mana so they wont proc and activate their damage that way and other ways i've been able to find proc their level 1 version which provides less of a boost as cruelty.

PoB will also say that concentrated effect is good and while it does add more damage as empower, it also kinda ruins your clearspeed but if you are bossing you could run with that too.

Controlled destruction also grants a great boost on paper but that one ruins your crit chance and by doing so elemental overload wont proc enough anymore so in the end you actually lose damage by using controlled destruction.
Last edited by FMCspriggan on Dec 23, 2022, 7:18:05 PM
Note: added 2 vids

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info