Dissapointed on unique items on a design viewpoint.

I think that you misunderstood a few mechanics, thus your point is not valid.
"Reduced" is an opposite to "increased", just as the opposite to "more" is "less". With 2 points in "18% increased Frenzy charge duration", the duration of charges will be 6 seconds, which is enough. It's almost the same with Starkonja - 50% is subtracted from your total bonus damage, which can get very high for physical damage with all those passives and high-level gems. Regarding Abyssus, I believe that it's suited for characters with Immortal Call.
I think uniques are good the way it is for now, only thing I dislike about uniques is that, there aren't many of them yet (which will change in future).

I just think they should make more melee weapons that can be just as good as lioneye's glare.
My Craft Logs-thread/359202
"
Scully wrote:
"
Repeats wrote:
Essentially what you just said was is that these unqiues don't compare to top tier rare items.

No, read the thread again.

what i read is i want imba uniques with no downside so my dps can skyrocket

the unique system is this game is awesome best i have seen in 20years of gaming

https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
"
It appears that I am requesting that no negatives exist on items altogether. But it isn't exactly the case. I want the negatives to be appropriated to the benefits of the item. We have had items with far more powerful mods without drawbacks (which still aren't always best in slot), then we have some new unique items which have some cool new twist to them, but are made unusable due to severe penalties.

Are you sure you are talking about a design viewpoint or a balance viewpoint?

When you talk about certain uniques having too much penalty it sounds more like a balance issue.

I think the penalties make the uniques even more unique, which is a good thing.

Balance is another issue, and will continue to be an issue for new uniques.. (how do they test for balance if they're releasing 4 uniques! a week!)

"
wooli wrote:
"
It appears that I am requesting that no negatives exist on items altogether. But it isn't exactly the case. I want the negatives to be appropriated to the benefits of the item. We have had items with far more powerful mods without drawbacks (which still aren't always best in slot), then we have some new unique items which have some cool new twist to them, but are made unusable due to severe penalties.

When you talk about certain uniques having too much penalty it sounds more like a balance issue.

Balance is another issue, and will continue to be an issue for new uniques.. (how do they test for balance if they're releasing 4 uniques! a week!)

How to put it, there are items which, if they had no negatives, they still aren't worth using - because they have no life or resists or not enough armour/evasion etc. That is fine, I don't need all uniques to be useable.

I am questioning the design thought, of how items which would probably be unviable in most situations, where then provided with a ghastly penalty, to make it pretty much completely unviable.

ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
"
ventiman wrote:
"
Scully wrote:
"
Repeats wrote:
Essentially what you just said was is that these unqiues don't compare to top tier rare items.

No, read the thread again.

what i read is i want imba uniques with no downside so my dps can skyrocket

the unique system is this game is awesome best i have seen in 20years of gaming

Where did I say that once?

You explain to me how those items were imba in the first place. Those items, without said penalties, were already pretty poor. Thanks for letting thread whoosh over your head.
ign KlearSpeed

The unique-system is pretty solid in this game.
I mean stuff like Facebreaker kind of have the BrotherLaz tag on them, an item around that a whole build can be made? awesome !

@OP I think the Destroyer Casque is also for a Fcebreaker build, that's why u think it's bad, but come on... 40-60 damage times 1000%..that's a dmg boost like no tomorrow - so it has to have a downsite, or it's to overpowered.

IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Last edited by Darkrox on Apr 13, 2013, 6:38:37 AM
"
iMbaQ wrote:
"
wooli wrote:
"

How to put it, there are items which, if they had no negatives, they still aren't worth using - because they have no life or resists or not enough armour/evasion etc. That is fine, I don't need all uniques to be useable.

I am questioning the design thought, of how items which would probably be unviable in most situations, where then provided with a ghastly penalty, to make it pretty much completely unviable.

I think each of the uniques is designed with one specific build in mind and balanced around it. Some uniques are more "useful" only because several builds can use them. Unless you have tried every single build out there, its hard to grasp their usefulness. The new helmet for example looks great for punch builds equipped with high shield block.
"
I mean stuff like Facebreaker kind of have the BrotherLaz tag on them, an item around that a whole build can be made? awesome !

@OP I think the Destroyer Casque is also for a Fcebreaker build, that's why u think it's bad, but come on... 40-60 damage times 1000%..that's a dmg boost like no tomorrow - so it has to have a downsite, or it's to overpowered.

1000% is only a long name for 10 times....
"

Tell me, would you do a 70+ maps with that helmet on, if you were to play a FB build? Because I wouldn't. But maybe that is because I don't like to die/play hc. I'd rather wear a Goldrim cap tha

Now imagine, everyone who doesn't play FB :D. This item was designed as a noob trap.
ign KlearSpeed

Last edited by iMbaQ on Apr 13, 2013, 6:54:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info