Chance to get RRRR sockets in EV/ES chest?

Not worth the effort
off color odds are around 20%.

If my number there is right, your odds of RRRR are around: 0.2 ^ 4 = 0.0016, or about 0.2%, or mean cost 625 chroms.

Good luck.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
"
Zakaluka wrote:
off color odds are around 20%.

If my number there is right, your odds of RRRR are around: 0.2 ^ 4 = 0.0016, or about 0.2%, or mean cost 625 chroms.

Good luck.

Are you sure it's 20%? It seems a bit lower than that from my tests, but I don't have that much data, so it could be. Anyway, he has a 6 socket and only wants 4 R on it. So the odds are quite a bit better than what you posted if 20% is right. 6choose4 * .2^4*.8^2 = 1.5% or an expected number of chromes of 65.
Don't try it, hope that helps
IRON MAN
"
jonts26 wrote:
6choose4 * .2^4*.8^2

Ah right, this is more correct.

Didn't double check the result but the logic is correct.

To get the odds of off-color you'd just chrom a number of times and keep track of total number red/blue/green you see. When I did this, I saw 20%, but my sample size was relatively small (total of around 200 datapoints, or about 60 rerolls)
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Apr 13, 2013, 1:35:17 AM
Thanks for all the feedback, so if I assume it will take around 1k-1.5k chroms to get it for sure, that's 4-5 exalts worth of chroms. Hmm.

Yeah, it's a carcass jack for EB ele cleave 8-9 aura.
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
I got 3r socket from a pure ev chest with like 180chromes i think getting 4 out of 6 will be a lot harder

Hope my info help

Good luck
IGN: PERPERUS
I'd do it, chromatics are easy to save up. I've got 500+ chromatics sitting in my stash after I already used 400 to color my other items. If it's an item that's gonna make all the difference for your character then just do it.

I needed BBBR on my windscream boots, which are an Armor base type. It took around 300 chromatics. That was 3/4 off color. You want 2/3 off color. What are the other colors you want? Because if you need the RRRR to be linked you could get RRRRBG or whatever but then never manage to get the 4 R's linked if the chest is not already 5-6Led.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info