Chance to get RRRR sockets in EV/ES chest?

I got a 6 soc EV/ES chest, does anyone have experience with trying to get 4 red sockets in one?

Thanks
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
No experience but I think it's probably easier to six link it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Thanks for the reply!

Anyone else? Possible to do, or is it gonna cost several exalteds worth of chroms?
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
good luck.
It's free, quit complaining, and just play the game.
I don't think 6 linking is easier. I'd bet it will take 50-100 chromatics though.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
Last edited by Trapperkeeper on Apr 12, 2013, 3:55:45 PM
I would have guessed more in the range of 1000+ chroms?
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
Would love more opinions on this!
ALT+F4, YOU FOOLS!
"
Thanks for the reply!

Anyone else? Possible to do, or is it gonna cost several exalteds worth of chroms?

Likely to take several exalts worth. To put it in perspective to get 3 out of 4 non dominant on my Alphas Howl (only 4l, not as hard as working with 6 variables) it took over 400 to get Red Dominant.

My Carcass Jack was only slightly easier, 6s got it to r-r-r-g-g-b which still took over 300.

I cannot imagine how many it would take to do it with 6 on pure Ev/ES and wanting 4.

Alexis
*smiles*
Last edited by Merlinus_Celidonus on Apr 12, 2013, 4:47:31 PM
I believe this is tied to the actual stat requirements of the item. So it really depends on how high the int/dex requirements are as that impacts the weighting of those socket colors.

In essence this would mean that it should be easier to roll 4 red sockets in your es/ev armor than it would be in a pure evasion armor of equivalent level due to having a lower dex/int requirement, thus lessening the bias. Although this would have a bias towards both evasion and energy shield so it may be equivalent or even worse.... not sure here. Based on the experience of trying to roll 3 green in a 6L ES/AR chest it would take a lot

I have rolled about 500-1000 chromatics into a 6 socket Assasin's Garb trying to get 4 Red and no luck so far, but that is the highest dex requirement armor in the game currently so it REALLY likes to roll green sockets, much like imperial bows...
Last edited by CarebearKiller on Apr 12, 2013, 5:07:39 PM
The exact numbers arent known, but a single red socket on an ES/EV chest is probably about 15%. If you've got 6 sockets, and you want 4 to be red, the odds are 6choose4*(15%)^4*(85%)^2 or about .55%. So the expected number of chromes that would be used would be 1/.0055 = 182.

But hte actual percentage is unknown. If it was only 10% chance of red, the expected # of chromes jumps to 820. Either way, i'd say its not worth it unless youre rich.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info