Acquiring Wealth...

As far as I'm concerned there are two ways to acquire wealth in this game:

1. Get lucky and have a unique or 6L drop that is worth several exalts.
2. Purchase other people lucky drops (non traders) and turn them for a profit.

The lack of an actual trade system makes the second option entirely viable. If I would have bought exalts a month ago it would have been like investing in Google at their start up.

I find it unfortunate that these are the only two ways to acquire the wealth required to ever experience a 6L (let alone a good one!) or one of the aforementioned uniques.

I have in the vicinity of 15 days of play time between characters and my net worth probably sits somewhere around 5 exalts including my gear and currency. It is disheartening knowing that somewhere out there, a unique drops and in an instant the owner is worth several times the wealth I have acquired in my entire career in PoE.

A lot of my frustration stems from trying to acquire a 6L for probably a month now. I'm not a gambler and i hate the "crafting" system. I can't justify blowing my entire life savings at a chance for a 6L. Actually purchasing one or even statistically crafting one requires more currency than most players will ever acquire through normal means.

tl;dr. Acquiring wealth is about abusing the broken trade system or receiving a blessing from the RNG gods. Playing for days on end and seeing almost an insignificant growth in wealth is frustrating.
Last edited by TadaceAce on Apr 12, 2013, 1:36:01 PM
You just described every single multiplayer rpg in existance. Maybe the genre just isn't for you. Sorry bro.
Not to mention real life. Want to be depressed? In the time it took me to type this sentence someone won a lottery/bet/something random based that immediately made them worth several times what I am.
IGN: Dmillz
why is it so important to have lots of exalts ?

i play to have fun not to jerk off to my virtuell currency stashpage thats kind of pathetic imho
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Apr 12, 2013, 3:33:12 PM
"
ventiman wrote:
why is it so important to have lots of exalts ?

i play to have fun not to jerk off to my virtuell currency stashpage thats kind of pathetic imho

Some people actually want to progress in level and gear, instead of having the rares they got from docks forever.
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info