Blackguard Arcmages ... wow

Went from yesterday not having much problems with these, to today after the patch. They now rape me easily within a few seconds without them even trying, and that's even after me gaining a few levels lmao. I haven't changed a single thing on my character since fighting them yesterday, so eh, thanks for the free trips to basecamp I guess.

Looks like I have new spectres to use over the Flame Sentinels I usually use.

Edit: Ran into 3 of them at once, and they obliterated my army of 17 undead in about 3 seconds.
Last edited by Voidtek1969 on Apr 12, 2013, 10:41:28 AM
It is the fact Lightning Thorns now hurts ranged as well as melee.

Welcome to every Melee player's experience with those twats. I think to be honest is it past time. We still have shield chargers (basically Rhoa men) to deal with on top of Lightning Thorns. At least ranged still gets to basically ignore them.

Alexis
*smiles*
Aren't most melee much beefier than the ranged classes though, so they should be able to deal with them easier? Those mobs are hitting from 2 screens away. They now seem to attack faster as well, chaining their lightning through everything seemingly.
Last edited by Voidtek1969 on Apr 12, 2013, 10:46:34 AM
They have always lightninged through anything. Collision seems to be nonexistent for the spell.

They can damned near two shot almost any melee or ranged. And no Melee is not "thicker" by default. No inherent damage reduction for being melee. Passively built is all that matters and most people, even ranged; take a good deal of survivability. They jokingly call it "Path of Life Nodes" for a reason.

Honestly Lightning Thorns does too much damage. I can one shot myself with it with a couple of my abilities. It is stronger than reflect. I would rather an Elemental Reflect Pack than a Lightning Thorns pack any day of the week.

But at least it no longer feels like the Battleground existed to make melee quit in frustration while leveling. And finding L-Thorns mobs on a map now means shitty map for anyone, not just melee.

Does it need to be toned down? Hell yes. Is this the first step in a direction that minimizes the disparity; scratch that, grotesque disparity; between Ranged and Melee. Yes.

Alexis
*smiles*
Last edited by Merlinus_Celidonus on Apr 12, 2013, 11:54:20 AM
"
Voidtek1969 wrote:
Aren't most melee much beefier than the ranged classes though, so they should be able to deal with them easier? Those mobs are hitting from 2 screens away. They now seem to attack faster as well, chaining their lightning through everything seemingly.

No, there is no difference between melee and ranged in survivability.

I've been so fed up with them that I've started wearing this FULL TIME on my melee character. Yes, losing armor, hp, and evasion is a small price to pay for never getting shocked. Shocked is the most freaking dangerous thing there is.

I also don't think enemies should have undodgeable status dealing mega damage from offscreen. What game do you know of that allows for this. Either you can dodge it, the way you can dodge Ezreal's or Cait's ults in LOL or it shouldn't be able to shock you or it shouldn't be castable from off screen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info