On Hit affect for Physical Crits

I posted my idea in the suggestion forums a while back.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/290113

"
Chance to apply a mini enfeeble with some weakened armor effect on physical abilities.
Ideally you would put the chance on hit in % physical dmg or weapon nodes around the tree. It should also apply on crits as all other ailments.

For numbers well, that's your department but stacking 3x to around 12% less dmg (all sources) and 18% chance to miss sounds reasonable. I'm not sure how much armor mobs have so I can't give any estimate on that, but I would rather it be -% armor over +% physical dmg. Otherwise things like EK get even stronger.

I think this kills two birds with one stone so to speak. (more like injure two birds but still!)

You address melee survivability as well as smaller faster physical hits not being penalized as much by armor.
-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 12, 2013, 11:44:22 AM
I'd quite like it if it was simply a blind effect, though I guess that wouldn't be any use to armour users.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
I think the effect should be a instant LL heal like if you had vaal pact for x% of the damage you did with the crit.
Its always in the last place you look
"
kaniz wrote:
I think it would be interesting if different weapon types, had different effects. Could be a mix of debuff/disabling ones, and more offensive based ones.

- chance to blind
- concession / confusion - randomly attack other monsters around them
- stun
- reduce attack speed
- make them vulnerable so follow up attacks do more damage
- bleed / puncture effects

Maybe it could be tied into weapon types, or passives/supports.

Elemental get damage (burn / shock stacking) and control (freeze/chill) - getting some sort of parallels with phys damage would be neat.

Agreed. I posted this in the feedback thread so I might as well post it here:

Spoiler
"
Okias wrote:
Giving weapon classes their own on hit effects sounds like an interesting idea since it'd give specializing into a particular weapon some meaningful benefits and an added layer of complexity to explore. Maybe some of my melee chars finally won't feel penalized for not venturing into the Mara/Templar start and getting the mandatory -- despite whatever GGG has to say about nodes of that particular nature -- Resolute Technique. I can only imagine niche builds taking the Deadly Precision or Pure Brutality notables just mockingly north of RT.

What I think has to be considered, though, are separate effects for separate weapon types: My high attack speed, low damage-per-hit DW thrusting sword ranger isn't going to benefit from a 'bleeding' type effect as much as a two-handed axe would, for example. And considering the current state of virtually every melee phys player who specs into crits taking advantage of Hatred (and, of less relevance, Added Fire) whenever they do crit I see a "guaranteed stun" only being wasted in the end.
Why not just make the Mobs "Dizzy" or "Weakened" as the On-crit effect from Physical?

Adds Crowd Control / Survivability :D

EDIT: Yes, having different "on-crit" effects depending on Weapon used would be wonderful!

Daggers do X
Claws do Z
Maces do Y

etc etc
Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
Last edited by Kwonryu on Apr 12, 2013, 3:56:39 PM
Any more ideas? I'm sure the devs might have a few but I'm liking whats been suggested so far.
S L O W E R
Voting for Bleed too.
A Stun will just end in some kind of stunlock abuse *looks at Krip*.
IGN: Darkrox (not my main, just for easy contact)
~ Yes i'm the Darkrox from Runes of Magic - World's #1 Guild Pravum 2009 - 2011 ~
Make ranged (essentially, bows) criticals Puncture and remove Puncture gem from the game.

Melee is alot trickier. Do you make the ailment offensive or defensive? If offensive, how to do it without copying something else? A dot seems boring.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info