The Favored Map System is a POS

I was experimenting with it today on a low Tier 5 Tropical Island, and even with 6 favored tropical islands AND the Singular Focus keystone, I still couldn't sustain that map with chisel and alch.

I can understand not sustaining T16 maps with only 6 favored, but there's no excuse for not sustaining T5, when maps are usually still raining from the sky at that level....... Totally Broken......
Last edited by Mentoya on Jun 30, 2022, 9:23:03 PM
Last bumped on Jul 3, 2022, 1:05:51 AM
How many watchstones did you have socketed during this test? Map sustain has never been better, so let’s work out the details and get you on track.
"
budawpi wrote:
How many watchstones did you have socketed during this test? Map sustain has never been better, so let’s work out the details and get you on track.

No watchstones were needed since it was only a Tier 5.........
A watchstone would have made it a higher tier.....

Again, we are talking a tier 5, where maps are usually raining from the sky...........

Plus, watchstones would increase the chance of the maps being one tier higher, which you don't want if you are wanting to sustain the tier you are running....So it would only make it worse.
Last edited by Mentoya on Jun 30, 2022, 10:05:57 PM
I wonder if singular focus is broken? if that's what I should take off??? maybe it's not working in conjunction with the favored maps..........
I'd love to see Chris's face if as he watched me running these maps, just so he could say, "you are right, it is broken"............

Last edited by Mentoya on Jun 30, 2022, 10:45:36 PM
Anyway, I'll open up a ticket and file a bug report...........
Last edited by Mentoya on Jun 30, 2022, 10:45:52 PM
Usually, maps that are connected (on the atlas) to the map you're running are the ones that drop. This is standard behaviour, and most people will alternate between two connected maps. Favouriting maps certainly increases the odds that you will drop the same map that you are running, but it might not be enough to sway the natural odds in your favour.

Please do not take up the support team's valuable time by submitting false bug reports.
"
PurpleChakra wrote:
Usually, maps that are connected (on the atlas) to the map you're running are the ones that drop. This is standard behaviour, and most people will alternate between two connected maps. Favouriting maps certainly increases the odds that you will drop the same map that you are running, but it might not be enough to sway the natural odds in your favour.

Please do not take up the support team's valuable time by submitting false bug reports.

I wish I could say you are right, but even when I took off singular focus, I just looked at the connected map and none of those are dropping either, just random other maps..... The thing is, regarding singular focus, when you are using the +200% increase to favored maps AND the additional map favored slots and you aren't seeing a NOTICABLE increase? Than something is seriously wrong.
I don't see how anyone can think otherwise.

I mean even Chris said with his interview with Ziggy regarding Singular Focus that players should notice a big increase in their favored map dropping, thus allowing them to run their favored map indefinitely. Because Chris said it, I expect it to happen..... Nowhere did I hear Chris say, "you may notice a tiny improvement"
Last edited by Mentoya on Jul 1, 2022, 12:58:57 AM
System works fine for 99.9% of people. You are doing some weird, not endgame mapping strategy. You don't have all the favored slots. Do you have most of the passives? Do you have a high % or maps drop 1 tier higher? Is you atlas set up for T5 to be the highest tier on it? There are a ton of factors that we don't know about what you're doing. And again you are doing a really odd strategy.

As you are the only thread right now complaining bout sustain it is much more likely that you are doing something wrong vs it being a bug.
Even with 12 favorite maps, it's still hard to sustain a single map. People favorite two maps next to each other and ping-pong between them.

For example, for Tropical Island, favorite 11 times Tropical Island, and Lair once. When you're out of Tropical Island, you should have enough Lair to refill the Tropical Island stock.

Another way to do this, is the "un-favorite map" system. Favorite all maps around Tropical Island, except Lair, then allocate "Shadow Shaping" (maps found cannot be favorite maps). Using this strategy, whenever a "connected map" would drop, it would be Lair when running Tropical Island, and Tropical Island when running Lair. This option is great when you have fewer Favorite map slots.
Last edited by 6_din_49 on Jul 3, 2022, 1:08:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info