Lightning Strike - How it works

So I have just made a LS duelist, but I'm thinking my head off about the LS skill. Some ppl told me that % increased damage with two-handed weapons ain't working with it. Is this true? I don't want to spend my points to useless passives and then refund them.
I'm going to respec one point and see if it ups the damage, it could only be working for the melee hit though.
"
Qraparta wrote:
So I have just made a LS duelist, but I'm thinking my head off about the LS skill. Some ppl told me that % increased damage with two-handed weapons ain't working with it. Is this true? I don't want to spend my points to useless passives and then refund them.

They work on the melee part of the skil, not the projectile part.
"
Kissan wrote:
"
Qraparta wrote:

This is not true.

"Melee Physical Damage" nodes do not work on the projectile part (since those are not melee attacks).
"X% Increased Physical Damage with <Weapon>" work on both parts since both are physical weapon-based damage.
"
pneuma wrote:
"
Kissan wrote:
"
Qraparta wrote:

This is not true.

"Melee Physical Damage" nodes do not work on the projectile part (since those are not melee attacks).
"X% Increased Physical Damage with <Weapon>" work on both parts since both are physical weapon-based damage.

Yep you have reason but here he is talking about melee damage nodes (2H weapons nodes are all melee), not weapons specifics nodes.
Last edited by Kissan on Apr 12, 2013, 8:02:54 AM
It should work, projectiles do a percentage of original attack, so if you increase attack damage in any way projectiles get a boost too. Just like they get a boost from STR which affects only melee attacks.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
It should work, projectiles do a percentage of original attack, so if you increase attack damage in any way projectiles get a boost too. Just like they get a boost from STR which affects only melee attacks.

That's not how it works at all. The Projectiles are separately calculated, and by default do not benefit from Strength, because Strength only increases Melee Physical damage. The Projectiles are naturally not Melee damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
raics wrote:

That's not how it works at all. The Projectiles are separately calculated, and by default do not benefit from Strength, because Strength only increases Melee Physical damage. The Projectiles are naturally not Melee damage.

Right, seems I misinterpreted it, if they are calculated separately then it won't work.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Apr 12, 2013, 9:46:30 AM
So the 2h weapon damage nodes do NOT increase the projectile damage from LS? Is this confirmed or just guessed at? My first instinct is that it would work because it should just increase the amount of physical damage done when using a 2h weapon, it does not mention melee...
IGN: Dmillz
"
Dmillz wrote:
So the 2h weapon damage nodes do NOT increase the projectile damage from LS? Is this confirmed or just guessed at? My first instinct is that it would work because it should just increase the amount of physical damage done when using a 2h weapon, it does not mention melee...

They will work, yes. The two-hand nodes increase all Physical damage dealt with two-hand Melee weapons. The Projectiles do not deal Melee damage, but they are still Physical damage dealt with a Melee weapon.
If they only boosted Melee Physical damage, it would be specified as such.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 12, 2013, 12:28:51 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info