[Resolved] resolute technique question

I was wondering if after selecting the resolute technique keystone would equipping items like say a dagger or sword with an implicit of %crit on it falsely inflate the listed dps on a skill like cleave. Reason I ask is if I found a good weapon but it would cause a false inflation I'd prefer not to use it not that would it have a negative impact or anything.
lol this right here is part of why I love GGG the counter troll http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/page/2
I don't get what you mean by "falsely inflate".
Like the Keystone says, you will not be able to crit, so equipping weapons with +crit chance/damage won't give you any benefits.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
I think I understand. What I'm not sure about is if the DPS listed in the character screen actually takes crit chance+crit multipliers into account.

If they did, then technically one's displayed DPS should change dramatically the moment one took Resolute Technique.

I don't think DPS takes into account chance to miss, either.

So in short, I'm fairly sure that taking Resolute Technique will not result in any sort of inflation of DPS regardless of weapon crit mods.

Could be wrong, but it seems like an awful lot of math for the humble old Character screen.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
From what I know and noticed myself is that when you learn Resolute Technique all your crit and critical modifiers will disappear entirely from the damage part of your character screen.

When I picked it up on my duelist my dps went up quite a bit because I only had 78% hit chance but I am 99,99% sure it will not take account of your now removed crit and critical multiplier since they are actually not there anymore.
Did your actual listed DPS go up, or just what you observed while playing?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Did your actual listed DPS go up, or just what you observed while playing?

The actual listed dps changed. Went from 500 to around 650.
Well there you go. I stand very much corrected!

thanks for the replies everyone, by falsely inflate I meant will my dps go up from say 1100 to 1400 just due to the crit modifier on the weapon giving me a false sense of safety in my DPS my bad I should have clarified further.

eg. equipping a weapon that has + crit on it with the same mods as a weapon with + accuracy as the implicit will the one with + crit read a higher dps amount as far as the listed dps is concerned for the particular skill in this case cleave.

Spoiler

the weapon i linked has the accuracy modifier so if I changed to a weapon with the same base stats but + crit instead of the accuracy will that give a false read on my listed dps.

note: I probably repeated myself in this post if I did I apologize I am still new to a lot of the mechanics and interactions in the game and am trying to better my understanding.

edit: part of why I ask is if I find a good rapier and have the dex to support it I would use it but not if it gives a false inflation on my listed dps.
lol this right here is part of why I love GGG the counter troll http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/532639/page/2
Last edited by Phlobon on Apr 12, 2013, 4:06:58 PM
You shouldn't get false positives because the critical % and critical modifier are completely gone from your character screen when you select it :)
"
Nijntje wrote:
You shouldn't get false positives because the critical % and critical modifier are completely gone from your character screen when you select it :)

Awesome tyvm everyone for the replies :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info