[Resolved] Does choosing specific class differ late game with same build?

My question is if starting with one class compared to another alter the end game results even though the build (skill tree) is exactly the same. Lets use this for an example but not be too technical as to it doesn't work.

If I choose a witch to do ground slam versus a marauder for ground slam, and every node in the skill tree is exactly the same. Will witch have "less hp" or "less strength" oppose to say a marauder.

Just wanted to clarify things
Onslaught ign: chenplayingforstars
Default League ign: imQTchen
-------------------------------------
If I won an auction and/or you have questions for me please
contact me through the ign above (whisp/add friend) or send pm via forum
Assuming you get exactly the same nodes, the two characters would be identical as regards stats if naked, since your naked stats come almost purely from the Skilldrasil.

There'd be a very slight variance in health, strength, intelligence and dexterity as each class has varying starting values, but when I say very slight I mean spectacularly unnoticeable before long.

The problem is you can't really get the same nodes as a Witch when you're a Marauder at the same rate. So while you can technically build two classes quite similar node-wise, they'll look very different level to level. The Witch heading towards Marauder territory will have significantly more intelligence, whereas the Marauder heading towards Witch territory will likely gain a lot more strength and health early on.

Thus the Marauder is the 'obvious' choice if you want to go Ground Slam -- the fact that he gets handed a Ground Slam gem very early while the Witch never actually gets it probably matters too.

So the 'shared Skilldrasil' is less about being able to play each class precisely the same way as having the options to explore other areas, but typically with a cost. That witch is just not going to need all that intelligence if she's trying to be a Ground Slammer in a marauder style, but assuming neither witch nor marauder goes Blood magic, she'll have more mana at her disposal for using Ground Slams repeatedly.

...This is all somewhat moot as you asked specifically for late-game, but the principle stands.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info