Need help with Flame Totem

People have been telling me Flame Totem rocks. And it did quite nicely earlier on. Now, I'm having trouble killing things. What am I doing wrong? Granted, I have a mana problem so I am hooking it up to Reduced Mana, Iron Will (I have 290 strength), and Blind. It blinds nicely, but that helps not all that much vs. mages. ;.) Granted also that I do not have much + spell damage, but I do have about +75% altogether from gear and passives, and a few +crit% too.

Is the tooltip off with Iron Will? Do I need to hook it up with fire penetration and damn the mana? What's the way to make this work?

Thank you

EDIT everything fine up until Cruel Fellridge. Cruel Pyramid, which is lvl 46 monster area, and I am level 46 too, is not causing me to die, but I'm just not killing things.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last edited by onomastikon on Apr 11, 2013, 6:10:28 PM
fire pen would help alot
Instead of iron will or blind?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
I'm trying Fire Penetration, but I still don't seem to be killing much.
This is a level 9 Flame Totem in Cruel Act 2. It's linked to reduced mana and fire penetration. I'm not sure what others do, but I'm sure I'm doing it wrong :(
Does Faster Projectiles make the totem shoot further (similarly to freezing pulse)? Or do I need to use LMP? I do have a mana problem, however. Any more advice appreciated, thank you.
faster projectiles will make it shoot further and LMP is a good addition as well.

Flame totem (imo) works much better if you have a 5L or 6L. But it's still doable with 4.

Keep trying out different combos etc until you find what works for you.

You have to figure out your mana problem too. Reduced mana in your combo is taking up a support gem slot and without the 5/6L, it's a waste (imo)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info