[Resolved] Energy Shield Cooldown Recovery

Can someone clarify the mechanics of this?

I believe there is a 6 second delay between when you take damage and when your Energy Shield begins to regenerate. I notice there are enough passives to take the cooldown recovery to over 100%. Does this mean at 100% your energy shield continues to regenerate even when taking damage or is the formula more convoluted than that?
from the mechanics thread:

"
Energy Shield will recharge if you do not take any damage for a certain period of time. The default delay is 6 seconds. This time can be reduced with increased energy shield cooldown recovery modifiers from passive skills. The formula for the recharge delay is:
6 * (100 / (100 + increased recovery) )
so 100% increased recovery is halving the delay, not removing it entirely.
Ahh, thanks for the info, it makes the passives pretty useless in the grand scheme of things, if you are not going to be hit for 3 seconds well, you probably wont in 6 either.

BTW where is the mechanics post you talked about?
"
Zvim wrote:
Ahh, thanks for the info, it makes the passives pretty useless in the grand scheme of things, if you are not going to be hit for 3 seconds well, you probably wont in 6 either.

It's a lot easier to kite for 3 seconds than it is for 6 seconds. Not to mention, saves you three seconds every time :P They're not super important, but definitely useful, if you ask me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info