[3.19] The Orbital Striker Occultist - Hexblast Chaos Ignites leaguestarter to endgame

As someone who thrived off of your EDTrickster back in the day, I have to admit that this build is wonderful for delve so far.
Currently @ depth 412 and I don't have to smash any buttons really.
I've spent countless exalt on builds that seemed hopeful but this one was worth the investment (gear, the current tragedy standard resonators are in, etc.)
Though this wand is not the best wand I have for the build, it's damn useful when it needs to be and with the second wave of mobs popping, it prevents being overwhelmed by mobs.
Got another question: is there just like one 4L free? What could I use that for?
"
Kociuk wrote:
Got another question: is there just like one 4L free? What could I use that for?

Yeah, the build doesn't use a lot of sockets, there's not much to use, really.

A 1link phase run you put on left click is better than nothing, I suppose. Withering step would be nice but I dislike the interaction with flame dash, and it's not a reliable wither source anyways.

I tried a 2link doomblast with decay for ignite avoidance maps, but it honestly deals so little damage it's really not worth it.

I think putting doom blast and culling strike on the self cast curse makes sense, however. It sould make every curse hexblast cul enemies if possible, which is something for bosses, I suppose.

A 4l left click vortex is also a fairly good idea on paper, since it chills enemies and procs sadist's 30% increased damage.
The thing is, you can't see shit with vortexes everywhere, so I'm really not recomending it.

A high level second wind with quality slightly reduces the cooldown of flame dash and grants an other charge, that's pretty nice I suppose.

TL/DR: Don't know. Just level more gems and make more money. Cast on death portal, if that's your thing, maybe...

Everything aside, I'm thinking of dropping ignite prolif support for increased crits and run elemental overload. It's probably a really terrible idea, but, maybe...?
If anyone has a solution to solve crit in the build to proc EO (currently 4%, pob messes up but it's actually more worth to not take EO dps wise for singletarget), feel free to sugest something.
So I tweaked a little bit gem setup and as for now what i ended up is:

Enfeeble + Increased Area of Effect + Intensify - it helps me with "targeting" curse and mobile monsters to go away until Doomsday proc

Flame Dash + Faster Casting

Arcanist Brand + Purifying Flame + Flame Surge - setup for bosses or toughter enemies. If I had 1 more gen slot, i guess i woul rather go Purifying Flame on level 1 Cast When Damage Taken for it's more often consecrated ground effect

Second wind (20/20) gives only like +1 charges, nothing more as couple leagues ago it was that nerfed (no longer lowers cooldown)

I was also considering putting Animate Guardian, but that probably would have to be helmet with +levels to socketed minions.

Next thing i take under consideration is going Fullblock with Glancing Blows and health recovery on block shield. But getting block capped would really cut damage, as GB is a bit far off.
So i decided to go Glancing Blows after all. There is still much room to grow, but my tankyness skyrocketed! Here is some showcase ;)

https://youtu.be/kcprebGcnSE
Last edited by Kociuk on Mar 10, 2022, 11:41:57 AM
"
Kociuk wrote:
So i decided to go Glancing Blows after all. There is still much room to grow, but my tankyness skyrocketed! Here is some showcase ;)

That looks pretty good! Needs more flat life for sure, but for a lvl 80 character it seems pretty strong. The synergy with glancing blows and +maxres on shields is also pretty obvious and very nice.
Btw, can you link your amulet in a forum post so I can put it in the guide please?

Thanks for sharing!
Tbh it may have been a little early to make a full fledged guide, there's a few things I'm unsure about and I think I'll tweak, especially in the minmaxed expensive version. I removed the unnatural instinct setup, I don't think it's that great anymore. I'll see, feel free to share improvement suggestions like this!

Edit: typos
Last edited by Darkxellmc on Mar 10, 2022, 4:07:31 PM
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Kociuk wrote:

That looks pretty good! Needs more flat life for sure, but for a lvl 80 character it seems pretty strong. The synergy with glancing blows and +maxres on shields is also pretty obvious and very nice.
Btw, can you link your amulet in a forum post so I can put it in the guide please?

Thanks for sharing!
Tbh it may have been a little early to make a full fledged guide, there's a few things I'm unsure about and I think I'll tweak, especially in the minmaxed expensive version. I removed the unnatural instinct setup, I don't think it's that great anymore. I'll see, feel free to share improvement suggestions like this!

Edit: typos

Sure - there you go :)

I can see that there is big space for improvments, and that's so great about this build! I am really looking forward for what kind of upgrades you will make, as I am very nooby about builds. Thank you for such pleasant build! :)
"
Kociuk wrote:
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
[...]

Sure - there you go :)

I can see that there is big space for improvments, and that's so great about this build! I am really looking forward for what kind of upgrades you will make, as I am very nooby about builds. Thank you for such pleasant build! :)

Thanks!

Meanwhile, in the eye of the storm...

"
Kociuk wrote:

Enfeeble + Increased Area of Effect + Intensify - it helps me with "targeting" curse and mobile monsters to go away until Doomsday proc

FYI : This is my doom curse setup now. Free cull access and a lot of aoe, imo it's the best. Anomalous Inc aoe is 10 chaos and betetr than awakened, just thought I'd let you know.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Kociuk wrote:

FYI : This is my doom curse setup now. Free cull access and a lot of aoe, imo it's the best. Anomalous Inc aoe is 10 chaos and betetr than awakened, just thought I'd let you know.

That's great idea! Thanks! I got question about using that setup - does culling feel like it's working? I mean - time needed for curse to be casted, Doomsday to activate and then Impending Doom triggering - isn't that way too long process? Or am i missing something here?

Edit:
And that meteor facetanking! :O Just wow! I'm afraid i will not be able to facetank that with GB setup, as 1k shield from Aegis is magnitudes better for elemental big hits like that one - i was more struggling with barrage from many enemies at once. But it's pleasant to see that kind of tankyness! :)
Last edited by Kociuk on Mar 11, 2022, 3:03:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info