Help my Freezing Pulse Witch shatter the glass ceiling!!

So I started the league with a freezing pulse witch and I'm absolutely LOVING it so far. It's easily the best build that I've made since starting playing in Ultimatum. However, I feel like I hit a wall and I'm not sure how to get past it. I'm doing will in maps up to t15, but struggling with some bosses and conquerors.

Here's my current POB: https://pastebin.com/PtMJUtLd

Issue 1: I'm still a little squishier than I'd like to be. If a map has that increased crit chance and crit multi mod then I pretty much can't run it as it seems getting crit by rares, uniques or bosses just melt me.

Issue 2: I don't think that I can progress my conqueror missions any further. I was able to fairly easily defeat Veritania with 16 watchstones socketed (and I'm pretty confident I could take Baran too) but when I tried Drox I just couldn't kill his banners fast enough to get him below 50% of life and lost all my portals. I also struggled with Al-Hezmin during mapping and I'm scared to try him too. I'd like to be confident that I can win both of those fights and have a reasonable shot at Sirus but I feel like I need some more survivability and DPS to do so; I just don't know where to get the additional DPS from.

Issue 3: I looked up a couple of builds on POE ninja to try to get some ideas about where to go next, however they're either running drastically different builds than I am (totems, etc) or there are no items comparable to what they're using showing on the trade site. Do I have to start crafting to get my items to that level?

Issue 4: I have a fairly limited budget. I have a total budget of about 7ex and could probably squeeze out another 2-5ex in the next couple of days (which sounds insane to me as my previous characters were never even able to get half that amount). Is this enough to get me to the level I want? Are there better farming strategies I should be doing?

Thanks in advance for the thoughts and advice.
Last bumped on Dec 1, 2021, 5:42:29 PM
You are spreading yourself pretty thin by trying to go crit, MoM, block, cast speed and so on.

Its usually better to focus and excel at few things that really matter.

Since you did go crit I decided to double and triple down on crit - going all in and trying to stack as much crit chance as well as crit multi as possible on a low budget.
To achieve that I went for dual wield void batteries, which nullified all the block stuff you had going on and so I ditched all of that.
It was Glancing Blows block anyways, which is terrible if you cant sustain the dmg taken and your build cant. So I dont think its a huge loss - except res arent capped anymore and you´ll have to fix that.

To make up for that I tried to make sure you do sustain life and mana on kill. While mapping you should feel much more durable as long as you dont end up eating a straight 1shot.
I also added a large cold dmg cluster jewel to enable life leech but more importantly to allow freezes you inflict to spread and freeze entire packs, so those packs cant hit back and will just die.

Then I used a lot crit multi jewels and grabbed all nearby jewels sockets and power charges to increase your crit chance and crit dmg best I could.
Those jewel setup are probably the most expensive part and can also be used to fix your res.
Another tiny change was your amulets annoint, boot enchant and one of the curses to increase the dmg output vs single target. Keep in mind the new thing is a Mark and Hextouch cant apply Marks. Which is why I dropped Hextouch and replaced it with Arcanist Brand, so the Brand can cast all the things linked to it.

Now thats quite a lot. But the result looks good enough I think.
I started out with about 500k Sirus dps and increased it to 1.4 mill Sirus dps - so almost triple of what you had in terms of dmg plus life leech as well as life and mana recovery on kill for general sustain.

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/i9rKYw45
"
Orbaal wrote:
You are spreading yourself pretty thin by trying to go crit, MoM, block, cast speed and so on.

Its usually better to focus and excel at few things that really matter.

Since you did go crit I decided to double and triple down on crit - going all in and trying to stack as much crit chance as well as crit multi as possible on a low budget.
To achieve that I went for dual wield void batteries, which nullified all the block stuff you had going on and so I ditched all of that.
It was Glancing Blows block anyways, which is terrible if you cant sustain the dmg taken and your build cant. So I dont think its a huge loss - except res arent capped anymore and you´ll have to fix that.

To make up for that I tried to make sure you do sustain life and mana on kill. While mapping you should feel much more durable as long as you dont end up eating a straight 1shot.
I also added a large cold dmg cluster jewel to enable life leech but more importantly to allow freezes you inflict to spread and freeze entire packs, so those packs cant hit back and will just die.

Then I used a lot crit multi jewels and grabbed all nearby jewels sockets and power charges to increase your crit chance and crit dmg best I could.
Those jewel setup are probably the most expensive part and can also be used to fix your res.
Another tiny change was your amulets annoint, boot enchant and one of the curses to increase the dmg output vs single target. Keep in mind the new thing is a Mark and Hextouch cant apply Marks. Which is why I dropped Hextouch and replaced it with Arcanist Brand, so the Brand can cast all the things linked to it.

Now thats quite a lot. But the result looks good enough I think.
I started out with about 500k Sirus dps and increased it to 1.4 mill Sirus dps - so almost triple of what you had in terms of dmg plus life leech as well as life and mana recovery on kill for general sustain.

PoB:
https://pastebin.com/i9rKYw45

Looks like really solid advice. What order would you prioritize the changes in? I'm assuming wands/skill tree/brand gems first, then jewels, then enchants/anoints, but is there a better way to go?

I can easily max out resists again by switching to lightning/chaos crafts on the couple of pieces of gear that have fire or cold/chaos so that's no issue, but elemental weakness maps will bring me down again. I guess have a resist flask ready to go for those situations?

I'll try to get as many of these set up tonight as I can and check the results

Thanks again for the help.

"

Looks like really solid advice. What order would you prioritize the changes in? I'm assuming wands/skill tree/brand gems first, then jewels, then enchants/anoints, but is there a better way to go?

I can easily max out resists again by switching to lightning/chaos crafts on the couple of pieces of gear that have fire or cold/chaos so that's no issue, but elemental weakness maps will bring me down again. I guess have a resist flask ready to go for those situations?

I'll try to get as many of these set up tonight as I can and check the results

Thanks again for the help.

Welcome ;)

Hope it feels good as well. You might want to try unleash over spell echo.
Echo might lock you in place for too long and unleash might just feel a tiny bit better.

And yeah Id do it in exactly that order you suggested.
In terms of flasks, ele weakness maps and stuff Id suggest this:

Most of your utility flasks already have gain charges on crit but you didnt benchcraft "use when charges reach full".
Your crit chance was pretty low before, so this was sort of unreliable. Now flasks should refill way faster and should trigger automatically with that benchcraft.
Which means you dont need that unique flask anymore, if it works well enough that is. If so, replace it with whatever you like. Maybe a regular sulphur with charges on crit and less curse effect on you. Should not only help out with ele weakness maps but all of those nasty curses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info