Can't refund passive skills on old character [STD]

Logged in to an old character that stacks cluster jewels.

Due to the changes, to the tree I needed to re-path to one of the cluster jewels and only had 5 passive skills unallocated. It actually takes 6 to get there so I need to refund a passive skill point somewhere and the tree simply won't let me.

I declined the "free full respec" (when I started pathing toward my old cluster jewel) and now I cant refund ANY skill points. I have 35 refund points available (even added more from Regrets trying to free up a bug) - but when I try to refund any node - I get that same "hollow" sound that indicates its not possible.

No masteries to respec (because the tree was last set up probably 2+years ago).
There are several nodes that aren't connected to anything important that also dont work.

My skill tree is straight up BUGGED and will not let me refund any of the skill points that should otherwise be refundable.

Character is BobbyRR on standard.
Last bumped on Dec 3, 2021, 10:26:42 AM
"
bobby3127 wrote:

Due to the changes, to the tree I needed to re-path to one of the cluster jewels and only had 5 passive skills unallocated. It actually takes 6 to get there so I need to refund a passive skill point somewhere and the tree simply won't let me.

I declined the "free full respec" (when I started pathing toward my old cluster jewel) and now I cant refund ANY skill points. I have 35 refund points available (even added more from Regrets trying to free up a bug) - but when I try to refund any node - I get that same "hollow" sound that indicates its not possible.

There are several nodes that aren't connected to anything important that also dont work.

My skill tree is straight up BUGGED and will not let me refund any of the skill points that should otherwise be refundable.

that because something is connected and you can't remove before making a new path.
In regards to cluster jewels, then you need to "unsocket" the jewels before is ask you to confirm the cost of respec point.
100% sure no bug but if you want more help, make sure you char is public and take a screenshot aboutthe area you have problems with.
You're not listening.

I cant refund anything - regardless of where it's connected or not connected to.

like the 6% health node on the right side. or ANY of the paths that just lead to a jewel socket. Or the critical node. I cant refund ANYTHING because the fucking whole passive tree is bugged.
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
bobby3127 wrote:

that because something is connected and you can't remove before making a new path.
In regards to cluster jewels, then you need to "unsocket" the jewels before is ask you to confirm the cost of respec point.
100% sure no bug but if you want more help, make sure you char is public and take a screenshot aboutthe area you have problems with.

100% sure no bug - why are you even bothering to comment something like this??

Its 100% a bug.

Ive been playing since 2013 - im not an idiot. I know how to refund skill points. I can switch to other characters and do it. Something broke with the passive tree reshuffling and it bricked my character. It's not incompetence on my end.
People need to stop assuming this is just some noob bullshit when they to help me.

You're not helping.

My tree is straight up bugged.

I declined the "free full respec" and thats probably where something went wrong. That and also maybe because I havent changed this character tree in several years.
"
bobby3127 wrote:

Its 100% a bug.

Ive been playing since 2013 - im not an idiot. I know how to refund skill points. I can switch to other characters and do it. Something broke with the passive tree reshuffling and it bricked my character. It's not incompetence on my end.

Please confirm that you have tried to unsocket first the jewels at the far end of the cluster jewels and after that the cluster jewel themself starting from the outside and in.
"
bobby3127 wrote:
People need to stop assuming this is just some noob bullshit when they to help me.

You're not helping.

My tree is straight up bugged.

I declined the "free full respec" and thats probably where something went wrong. That and also maybe because I havent changed this character tree in several years.

Full respec when having cluster jewels socketed made a lot of problem for players (many had their cluster jewels "deleted" because of it).
As far as I know, GGG blocked that now until cluster jewels have been removed...
"
HanSoloDK wrote:
"
bobby3127 wrote:

Its 100% a bug.

Please confirm that you have tried to unsocket first the jewels at the far end of the cluster jewels and after that the cluster jewel themself starting from the outside and in.

So in order to respec totally unrelated/unconnected nodes ANYWHERE on my passive tree, (and AFTER declining the full respec) - I cant respec any nodes until I refund and then immediately re-apply my skill points in my cluster jewels (which are actively "taking up" my skill point count).

Yea - how the fuck is that "Not a bug".

It worked and my tree is functioning now - but dont tell me thats not a bug.
"
bobby3127 wrote:

So in order to respec totally unrelated/unconnected nodes ANYWHERE on my passive tree, (and AFTER declining the full respec) - I cant respec any nodes until I refund and then immediately re-apply my skill points in my cluster jewels (which are actively "taking up" my skill point count).

Yea - how the fuck is that "Not a bug".

It worked and my tree is functioning now - but dont tell me thats not a bug.

As far as I know, the procedure is -->
1. remove closter jewels (don't put anything again).
2. Press full respec.
3. Make the new tree.

It's possible if done in "wrong order", it locks the passive tree like it did for you......
Again, as far as i know, this have been done to prevent "deletion" of cluster jewels.....

Oh and as you can see now, your thread have been moved away from bug section and into "game help section" by a GGG MOD = not a bug and working as intended / per game design of GGG.

GL exile.
Last edited by HanSoloDK on Nov 30, 2021, 4:22:03 PM
Han is correct, clusters need to be removed before you re-spec your tree.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info