delete please

deleted
Last edited by fakeelonmusk on Aug 12, 2022, 3:39:29 AM
Last bumped on Nov 26, 2021, 6:13:06 AM
"
fakeelonmusk wrote:
New to the game, beat the campaign, got some stash tabs, slowly regretting it....

How the hell do I live to Scourge? I push V, I get surrounded by 30 mobs, and they all jump at me from across the screen and kill me before I can even move.

This feels miserable, I can't do the league stuff or I can't level past 72.

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
White Knights helped for bleeding this game.
Last edited by Chavolatra on Nov 24, 2021, 11:30:48 PM
delete
Last edited by fakeelonmusk on Aug 12, 2022, 9:58:54 AM
well, youve got your entire account set to hidden, so we cant see anything about your characters.

what is probably happening, is that you have:
not enough life
too many uniques
no resistances
and no damage

the game gets much harder after the campaign ends. the campaign is generally considered 'the tutorial'.
delete
Last edited by fakeelonmusk on Aug 12, 2022, 9:59:02 AM
"
fakeelonmusk wrote:
"
Thror2k5 wrote:
well, youve got your entire account set to hidden, so we cant see anything about your characters.

what is probably happening, is that you have:
not enough life
too many uniques
no resistances
and no damage

the game gets much harder after the campaign ends. the campaign is generally considered 'the tutorial'.

I have no uniques, max fire/cold/light resists, 4,200 HP, and 70% reduction from armor. I do decent damage and basically don't die outside of Scourge. I'm new to this game but I'm a long-time D2 Hardcore player so I get the concepts.

But I shift into Scourge and it seems like monsters funnel in from off screen and jump at me before I can do anything. I'm playing a 2H build using Earthshatter.

So most of the campaign you can do fine with no chaos res, but that starts to change. You dont have to cap it, but -60 is a fast death, for melee.

Also, the simplest and easiest way not to die is constantly be moving. The second you stop to spam your skill, all the ranged monsters hit you immediately.

So, slam, move, slam, move, slam, move.

Other than that, just continue getting better gear.

Aim for 5.5k life, 30k armor, max resists, at least 50 chaos res (so 110 total).

Maybe 500k dps in Path of BUilding Community (this is a tool, the only reliable one for calculating dps. You can find your account then your character and auto load into it.)

If you want more specific advice then you can unhide characters.
You still haven't shared your profile so nobody can give you specific advice. Scourge is one of those mechanics that will punish bad builds and bad players. The clowns posting earlier in the thread spend all day crying on the forums, feel free to ignore them.

4,200 life is not a lot (we don't know what level you are or what map tiers you are running), being res capped is not a defensive layer and I doubt you have 70% damage reduction.

I don't know what ascendancy you are playing, but you should be able to hit 30k armour using base armour equipment with determination, fortify via mastery and have easy access to +3-4% maximum resistance via Prismatic Skin and Soul of Steel. Should also be using molten shell which will be quite strong with high armour.
Last edited by BrettLee on Nov 25, 2021, 12:43:15 AM
delete
Last edited by fakeelonmusk on Aug 12, 2022, 9:59:13 AM
No one can help you if you do not show your characters.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info