Anomalous Inspirational support vs Increased critical strike support. Which is better?

Hi all, I am playing a pure elemental flicker strike and my Int does not allow me to go to lvl 20 increased critical strike but only max lvl 19

lvl 19 increased critical support 20% quality gives 134% increased critical strike chance and a further +2% to critical strike chance

lvl 20 anomalous inspirational support gives +20% increased critical strike chance and a further 25% elemental damage + 40% increased critical strike chance

My critical strike multipler is 215% if it matter

Any idea which is better?
Last edited by Hattori_Hanzo on Nov 24, 2021, 12:21:29 PM
Last bumped on Nov 25, 2021, 5:38:53 PM
it depends on what other stats you already have. Use Path of Building

your critical strike multipliers is very low though, so I guess Inspiration. Or Increased Critical Damage in case your crit chance is already high enough.
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Nov 24, 2021, 12:37:34 PM
"
Ludvator wrote:
it depends on what other stats you already have. Use Path of Building

your critical strike multipliers is very low though, so I guess Inspiration. Or Increased Critical Damage in case your crit chance is already high enough.

oh

my character here. Dun think it is high as I have investment almost entirely onto cold damage

https://pastebin.com/MkxdMXf8
Last edited by Hattori_Hanzo on Nov 24, 2021, 6:55:33 PM
So you have your PoB, just put both gems in and compare them? What do you need from anyone else?
"
BrettLee wrote:
So you have your PoB, just put both gems in and compare them? What do you need from anyone else?

The problem is that I do not know how to read POB or how to use it.

I am only using it to import other people's built for reference and just yesterday found out how to export my character into it for others to read it.

I have very little knowledge about the game itself. The built for flicker strike I was previously following is very outdated and probably not viable anymore since 3.15 so here I am trying to play my own build but understand very little about the game

anomalous inspirational gem is also like 2 exalt in game, so is too expensive to buy it to try without knowing if it is better
Last edited by Hattori_Hanzo on Nov 24, 2021, 10:38:43 PM
Just play around with PoB, doesn't take too long to figure out the basics.

Select main skill, which is flicker strike (ensure its the correct flicker strike setup, you can tell by the support gems).

Then click on the skills tab on the top left, its between tree and items.

Locate the relevant flicker setup.

Add whatever support gem you want and leave it unticked (inspiration), adding quality and selecting alternate quality if appropriate. Untick the support gem you want to compare it to (increaed critical strikes).

When you hover over the enable column it will tell you how much DPS that support gem will add. You just compare the two - make sure they are both unticked beforehand.
Last edited by BrettLee on Nov 24, 2021, 11:26:03 PM
"
BrettLee wrote:
Just play around with PoB, doesn't take too long to figure out the basics.

Select main skill, which is flicker strike (ensure its the correct flicker strike setup, you can tell by the support gems).

Then click on the skills tab on the top left, its between tree and items.

Locate the relevant flicker setup.

Add whatever support gem you want and leave it unticked (inspiration), adding quality and selecting alternate quality if appropriate. Untick the support gem you want to compare it to (increaed critical strikes).

When you hover over the enable column it will tell you how much DPS that support gem will add. You just compare the two - make sure they are both unticked beforehand.

Alright, thanks for the tip. Will try it out.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info