Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

"
rob88 wrote:
"
ryatwo wrote:
Just started playing about a month ago, and didn't realized they changed the auras at all!

I just had a feeling that the auras somehow would level up and change in appearance like they do when they had the old auras.

Now the appearance of auras is purely a subjective matter, so in any case please GGG games give us players an option to have the old auras back. They looked awesome!!

Also more awesome-looking micro-transactions!

and thus the game enters pay 2 win in style

How's a purely cosmetic aura effect pay2win?
Mind-Blown.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Probably my biggest issue with the new auras (Aside from them being thin circling hula hoops) would be that they don't appear to animate in a circular fashion. I believe this is caused by the camera not looking straight down at the character, causing the circular animation to appear deformed.

A proposed suggestion would be to tilt the aura's to face the camera, ensuring they look like they are rotating in a circular fashion when the camera is fully zoomed out (They would still look awkward if you zoomed in the camera, as that also shifts the angle of the camera).

Admittedly I have no idea how awkward the suggested change would look around your character... (Would it be visually distracting/clash with other stuff on the screen?)

A 2nd, similarly related issue is that multiple auras when stacked, appear to overlap each other which makes them look messy, tilting the auras to face the camera would also resolve this I believe.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Oct 29, 2013, 6:22:46 PM
Indeed, i have to agree to all the ppl with is complainin' about the new effects...

What motivated me to play this game, was the cool effects of the auras that i saw on some videos on YT...

Today i find out that the old effects was gone, and serious, this made me sad...

Another effect that was cool, was the Determination Gem, indeed it was a cool effect

Also, i would like to vote for an option for graphics...

Thanks.
"
murilow1 wrote:
Indeed, i have to agree to all the ppl with is complainin' about the new effects...

What motivated me to play this game, was the cool effects of the auras that i saw on some videos on YT...

Today i find out that the old effects was gone, and serious, this made me sad...

Another effect that was cool, was the Determination Gem, indeed it was a cool effect

Also, i would like to vote for an option for graphics...

Thanks.

The problem was those old effects crippled the frame rate on even the best computers, the same way lightning arrow did. Gameplay > Graphics every, single time. Plus Path of Exile is supposed to be dark and gritty, and those light show effects didn't really fit in.
Hi Russel

Can you please answer these questions since no dev has yet to explain where the numbers were being pulled from to warrant this aura ''balance''?

1: What was the average amount of auras a POE player used,1-3?

2: What was the average ''rich''(has access to high end unique combinations) Poe player,4-8?

3: Was it a minority or majority of players that used more then the average 1-3?

4: Would it not have been easier to cap players at 2 auras, reworked costs and have a keystone,''Auric Transmogrification: Player can have have 2 additional auras'' placed between witch and templar and move the curse keystone between shadow and witch?, since the ''rich'' players within 24hrs of release are still running 4-5 auras and the average player barely 1.

I feel like this attempt to rectify a supposed issue has utterly failed and also if a player wants to make a build that could use multiple auras then let them.

The real issue is the items that allow them to abuse the game in such a way to get all these auras that many other POE players don't have access too.

This balance to auras reminds me of ''Tacitus: They make a desert and call it peace.'' All the builds and synergy gone by making it flat 60%, nice desert)

So please could you answer these questions or I will make a aura thread everyday till these questions concerning aura balance are explained,lol.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Nov 1, 2013, 3:21:19 PM
"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi Russel

Can you please answer these questions since no dev has yet to explain where the numbers were being pulled from to warrant this aura ''balance''?

1: What was the average amount of auras a POE player used,1-3?

2: What was the average ''rich''(has access to high end unique combinations) Poe player,4-8?

3: Was it a minority or majority of players that used more then the average 1-3?

4: Would it not have been easier to cap players at 2 auras, reworked costs and have a keystone,''Auric Transmogrification: Player can have have 2 additional auras'' placed between witch and templar and move the curse keystone between shadow and witch?, since the ''rich'' players within 24hrs of release are still running 4-5 auras and the average player barely 1.

I feel like this attempt to rectify a supposed issue has utterly failed and also if a player wants to make a build that could use multiple auras then let them.

The real issue is the items that allow them to abuse the game in such a way to get all these auras that many other POE players don't have access too.

This balance to auras reminds me of ''Tacitus: They make a desert and call it peace.'' All the builds and synergy gone by making it flat 60%, nice desert)

So please could you answer these questions or I will make a aura thread everyday till these questions concerning aura balance are explained,lol.

cheers

I have no idea why we went with that whole conversion thing. The art team doesn't do that balance. I just what what I have to around what we have. People still appear to be getting up to 5+ auras. In which case they sadly have to stack correctly. I kind of wish we just had it locked to a number of auras you could have.Which you could then increase by getting auras passives around the tree. However im not the designer haha. So until the way we have 1 aura per character unless they specifically make a aura support character the auras will have to be hula hoops.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?
Hi Russel

Thank you for a tidbit of illumination. I understand your work does not enter into the questions I ask perhaps you could pass it on to someone that would be happy to write more on the subject as others besides myself would be greatly interested in how this idea was conceived, since this is the closest official aura thread I could find.

I note in your response though you are in, hope this isn't to strong of a word, favor of the idea of capping aura usage at an average since the present nerf still allows a niche group of players to abuse the auras whilst the rest barely even touch auras anymore.I agree there was a definite vein of players who are aura obsessed but there obsession/addiction should not be paid by the rest of the community and to boot lower the aura usage to of these individuals to 5 from 8 isn't much of a change.

Thank you again, I will check back time to time to see if any more posts have attempted to answer my questions concerning auras or feel free DEV'S to msg me confidentially if this subject must remain private from the public forum.

cheers from a concerned POE player)
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Nov 4, 2013, 12:58:10 PM
@Finkenstein,
I prefer the 'less auras' change, it means I actually have to make a choice on which auras I wanna run and most likely gonna have to spec a certain way if I wanna run 2-3 60% ones, instead of using all of them because 'fuck it I can'.
And this change doesn't mean I have to pick up Inner Force or Sovereignty or else I'm severely gimping myself if I don't.

@dev,
As for the aura art, I also like the subtle minimalistic approach, tho, in their current state they're kinda bad. Anger as an example looks like (as someone else pointed out) a "rusty hoola hoop".

An idea I just got for the elemental auras could be; they have the same size and share the same area around your character which they rotate, turn them into fiery/icy/electric orbs that circle you, if you have 2 active at the same time they are on the opposite side of each other (imagine your character, Anger aura orb is on the left side, then the Hatred aura orb would be on the right side) and if you have all three they would form a circulating "triangle" pattern (I find it hard to explain it properly as english is not my native tongue, so I made a pic :D).
Spoiler

The other auras would be layered on each other from there on outwards (kinda like what you have atm).
Oh and yea, the idea another user posted regarding the Vitality aura; "make it look like an Enso" sounds totally awesome (see spoiler for pic).
Spoiler
"Please feel free to report any players you see attempting to acquire/sell items in trade chat." - Bex_GGG
Last edited by Sinzeek on Nov 4, 2013, 2:51:12 PM
Smartest idea ever.

Now if you could sticky something like this in General Discussion...
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
Last edited by Fire_Kid on Nov 4, 2013, 10:43:44 PM
"
Sinzeek wrote:
@Finkenstein,
I prefer the 'less auras' change, it means I actually have to make a choice on which auras I wanna run and most likely gonna have to spec a certain way if I wanna run 2-3 60% ones, instead of using all of them because 'fuck it I can'.
And this change doesn't mean I have to pick up Inner Force or Sovereignty or else I'm severely gimping myself if I don't.

@dev,
As for the aura art, I also like the subtle minimalistic approach, tho, in their current state they're kinda bad. Anger as an example looks like (as someone else pointed out) a "rusty hoola hoop".

An idea I just got for the elemental auras could be; they have the same size and share the same area around your character which they rotate, turn them into fiery/icy/electric orbs that circle you, if you have 2 active at the same time they are on the opposite side of each other (imagine your character, Anger aura orb is on the left side, then the Hatred aura orb would be on the right side) and if you have all three they would form a circulating "triangle" pattern (I find it hard to explain it properly as english is not my native tongue, so I made a pic :D).
Spoiler

The other auras would be layered on each other from there on outwards (kinda like what you have atm).
Oh and yea, the idea another user posted regarding the Vitality aura; "make it look like an Enso" sounds totally awesome (see spoiler for pic).
Spoiler

We tried that originally but the character ended up looking like a helicopter with Christmas tree decorations attached to the blades. They didnt look like auras.
I like all the fluffy animals[img]http://i.imgur.com/mO8dR.png[\img]
y im slept?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info