Post aura rage here. I will lock any other aura thread I see.

"
Valmar wrote:

You' re right, but we HAVE seen. There are more people like me that have been playing even in close beta, auras were there since more than a year, maybe two years or more, cant remember propertly.

And no problems with that, now open beta started and they changed their awesome, well made with dedicated effort, attractive auras for this crap?

What will be next? Nerf every spell effect and ended playing a 1980 game?

Seriously, I can't take it.

This must be an option for those with prehistoric pcs. Its like removing all shadows, high graphics options, and even removing high resolution for everyone because there are people with 600 x 400.

I normally support GGG changes and appreciate their effort, Im sure they did thinking it was the right move. But honestly it isn't. Still got faith in you guys, but make these such things an option, don't nerf your great game for all.

How does playing in closed beta factor in? I played closed beta too, you think just because you paid GGG some money your opinion is more important?

And lower graphics settings are still settings - noone is stopping you from playing at high details and shadows and so on.

The skill effects and the auras for me are too bright and too flashy considering the way the environment looks and the overall feel of the game.

I thought people here didn't like candy-like effects, but I guess I was wrong. Pony-land, here we come!
"
Antistes wrote:
"
Valmar wrote:

You' re right, but we HAVE seen. There are more people like me that have been playing even in close beta, auras were there since more than a year, maybe two years or more, cant remember propertly.

And no problems with that, now open beta started and they changed their awesome, well made with dedicated effort, attractive auras for this crap?

What will be next? Nerf every spell effect and ended playing a 1980 game?

Seriously, I can't take it.

This must be an option for those with prehistoric pcs. Its like removing all shadows, high graphics options, and even removing high resolution for everyone because there are people with 600 x 400.

I normally support GGG changes and appreciate their effort, Im sure they did thinking it was the right move. But honestly it isn't. Still got faith in you guys, but make these such things an option, don't nerf your great game for all.

How does playing in closed beta factor in? I played closed beta too, you think just because you paid GGG some money your opinion is more important?

And lower graphics settings are still settings - noone is stopping you from playing at high details and shadows and so on.

The skill effects and the auras for me are too bright and too flashy considering the way the environment looks and the overall feel of the game.

I thought people here didn't like candy-like effects, but I guess I was wrong. Pony-land, here we come!

1+. Considering all the whine about diablo 3 is to cartonis. But PoE auras, they work. :D The irony!

When a banker jumps out of a window, jump after him, that's where the money is.
Already posted this in the patch thread but anyways...

The new Auras are a major improvement imho, in performance and visuals. I have an Summoner Witch with 14 Skelletons, 9 Zombies and 3 Spectres. That made a big colour mess in the past because I use 6 (!) Auras and each one was full displayed at my with and my Minions. You can imagine how messy that was. Now I have some thin, clear circles around my witch and a single circle around each of my minions, thats much more relaxing for the eyes. :)

If you are a heavy summoner, there is no doubt that the new auras are just mandatory. Leave it like this and keep it like this (OK, options for altenative old auras if you don't play a summoner :D )
Last edited by Fusion_Power on Apr 8, 2013, 10:15:14 AM
New auras help to unclutter the screen in parties, so I like them. The old ones had a coolness to them though.

Whatever you do, keep the blue circle for aura effect on ally, this is really a good change.
first, love the new auras. just wanted to comment or maybe ask for your reasoning for the vitality aura.

Most auras are symmetrical with the new design in that they have two floating parts. the vitality aura is an exception and seems strange i feel like it would be more balanced (especially if its the only aura you run) if there was a thinner corresponding red "bar" on the opposite side of or 3/4 way around so that it isnt just a red snake circling you.

Love them, def helped my friend with performance issues. (my zombie army used to lag him out a lot)

Last edited by sweetaction on Apr 8, 2013, 10:20:29 AM
"
Antistes wrote:

I stopped reading here mate. OFC not. I was talking about watching and playing with those auras without any problem for a long long time, it's all.

BTW

"
Fusion_Power wrote:

If you are a heavy summoner, there is no doubt that the new auras are just mandatory. Leave it like this and keep it like this (OK, options for altenative old auras if you don't play a summoner :D )

I got two summoners. One with CI, and another with EB, with 7 auras currently, both in hardcore. I play both alone and in party with no lag or pc problems of any kind, and I prefer the old ones. Now its kinda "meh". So your point about summoner works for you, not for all.

PS: a QUESTION for all the people loving new auras: are you against an OPTION that let you change the aura effects? Its the only we ask for, and imho I think its what will work for all of us, the ones loving old ones and the ones with performance issues.
IGN: Gonorreitor
Last edited by Valmar on Apr 8, 2013, 10:26:53 AM
I actually hated the new auras when I first logged in but I felt grace looked good. However, after playing with them for about 5 hours I much prefer these to the old ones. So good job on that. The only one I'm not really fond of is purity.

I think if at all possible, an option to toggle the new or old auras should be in the UI. Minimalist > but that's only from a performance stand point. Otherwise it's just an opinion.

As an aside. I really wish you would consider consolidating the aura buff bar and having it only show short duration effects and have the auras only display on mouseover in sort of a pop out box. Either that or make the buff boxes smaller.

-ign rptd (Hardcore) _riptide (default and that's an underscore too)
Last edited by riptid3 on Apr 8, 2013, 10:38:26 AM
I would like the option to have the old ones back, the new ones are barely noticeable.
I dislike the new ones. They look like place holders at best. I don't mind that the flashiness was toned down, but having a poorly rendered ring instead is the polar opposite. Something in between this current version and the way they were would be much preferable I think.
Long time lurker, 1st time poster here.

I usually just prefer to check out the forum without posting, but the HORROR when I start up POE and saw the new auras for the 1st time forces me to voice out my disappointment.

This is overall a good patch, but the new auras.... it looks extremely dull and flat, and is definitely a step backwards. It actually diminished my enjoyment of the game
:(

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us an option to select the old auras back! Judging from the responses here, most of the peeps here do prefer the old auras.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info